by alekcander Investigator
Investigator

EE asking for a payment to unlock payg device

Recently I decided to purchase nokia 130 from EE to use it as backup device, after creating the order (xkn227541959) EE decides not to honour it due to item being out of stock. So I decided to purchase it from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ee-uk-shop which (in theory) is official EE Ebay shop, and now comes the interesting part. 

After receiving device, I asked to unlock it over EE website, and after 10 days (more or less) I've received a text message stating that device is not registered to my account so I need to contact Customer Service. 

Customer Service stated that I need to pay 8.99 in order to unlock this phone or send an email with proof of purchase which shows that I've bought this phone from them or their official partners. 

After sending screenshots of ebay and paypal transactions now I am being said that

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are unable to accept this proof as there are no details of the phone.

Kind regards
Abigail Hogg
CSHelpdesk - Handset Unlocking

Given the fact that I do not have any other proof of purchase, how the hell am I supposed to proof that I've bough this phone from EE? It feels quiet unfair that EE doesn't keep a record of selling this phone and basically telling me to go and screw myself...

Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: EE asking for a payment to unlock payg device

Hello @alekcander you would need a receipt/proof of purchase that states the IMEI number of the device. The seller should be able to provide you with this information. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @alekcander you would need a receipt/proof of purchase that states the IMEI number of the device. The seller should be able to provide you with this information. 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Can you ask the seller for a proper receipt?

Also that eBay store isn't actually EE themselves as it mentions being powered by Chitter Chatter and whilst Chitter Chatter do sell EE plans and are an EE reseller partner, they are just a third party reseller like any other.

http://www.chitterchatter.co.uk/aboutus.php

by alekcander Investigator
Investigator

@Profile closed Thanks for advice, will try that. 

@Profile closed Well they are stating that they are "EE Official Ebay store" on ebay page. Doubtfully EE would permit them to have something like that if they were not qualified as some kind of official partners. It's not like a customer can know whenever they have signed a contract with EE or not. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @alekcander come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.