by Zackster61
Explorer

EE Won’t unlock my device

So for some reason EE refuse to unlock MY phone because I am on PAYG , photos attached. Can anyone please help

0B45C641-1E01-4687-942D-0C0F514BFB49.png

[Mod edit: Image rejected as it contained personal information, such as your IMEI number]

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE Won’t unlock my device

Hi @Zackster61 

Did you buy your PAYG phone from EE? 

Did you use your device on EE network?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Zackster61 : You get that sort of msg if you did not buy your phone from EE direct or it is 2nd-hand.

You cannot use the online unlocking form for such phones.

To unlock such a phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Zackster61
Explorer

Hi guys, thanks for the answers. To clear it up a bit, the phone is mine, I bought it brand new, but from carphone warehouse, not on a contract as I paid it upfront. I asked him if I could have EE payg as it was a good bundle, and I asked if later on I could change network if I didn’t like it. He confirmed since the phone was paid for upfront, I could change the network at anytime. I did manage to change the network to virgin (which i didn’t like) then to Vodafone (which I also hated) then I went back to EE payg. I found topping up very annoying as I didn’t know how to do it online (I do now😂 ) which my family usually took care of, so I went into the shop to top up and told the man that it was really annoying topping up all the time, which is when he suggested a contract sim plan, I said how I doubt i would get credit on one and he asked if I wanted to try anyway and I walked out with 2 iphones, my sim plan and a tablet. Anyway, after the contract I chose not to take another sim only plan out and go to o2, to my surprise my phone had now been locked after the contract sim was put in 😣, I didn’t think it could do this as I’ve had virgin and Vodafone, so out of curiosity, I tried my virgin sim which no longer worked 😩”sim not supported” is what I got everytime so it was locked and I phoned EE who basically said they don’t lock their phones which is a downright lie! So I don’t think they can unlock my phone , which I payed for upfront anyway, what a cheek 😩

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Zackster61

Thanks for coming here.

I have sent you a private message on the community for some details 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.