by samantha7 Investigator
Investigator

Does ee email when a phone is unlocked?

I requested an unlock 5 days ago. Will you email me when it's done. I won't received texts until it's done as I don't have another phone to put my SIM into. Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does ee email when a phone is unlocked?

@samantha7: Depends how you applied for unlock:

• If you were a direct EE customer for this phone you will be texted.
  • If you were not a direct EE customer you will have given an email addy to EE which they will use..
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@samantha7 

Can I ask was you a EE customer?

Did you get the device from EE yourself?  

And how did you request this unlock? 

Investigator

Yes, ee customer, yes, myself & I phoned to request it but since then my number has been taken by new network & obviously don't work in my phone. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@samantha7 wrote:

my number has been taken by new network & obviously don't work in my phone. 

What phone is your no. now in? Texts can still be sent to that no. even if it is not the phone to be unlocked.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

It's not. I don't have another phone to put it in, hence the problem may exist forever if their policy is only texts. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, you'd better phone EE & ask for it to be emailed instead.

Investigator

Indeed... but i don't have a phone... & payphones aren't very common anymore. I thought ee might notice my post on here & help... ahh well! 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @samantha7

Thanks for coming to the community.

Did you enter an email address?

What make phone have you requested to be unlocked?

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

As an we customer they would have had my email address, I wasn't asked for an email address or a phone number. I have Samsung.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @samantha7

We will need to get this checked for you and make sure you get an email.

If you give us a call from another phone on 0800 079 8586 the team will be able to help.

Thanks, Leanne.

Investigator

That number won't let me through to a person because I don't have a mobile number with ee anymore. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team. That does not require a mobile no.

Investigator

Genuinely that number is not recognising the keypad... it just says text help or visit the website... then says 'goodbye & ends the call !

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sounds like it is not recognising tone dialling. Can you try from another phone, preferably a landline? It works here fine.

Investigator

I don't have another phone... I'll just have to go into a store I guess. 

by Kellymr87 Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a similar issue. I requested an unlock to my Samsung s7 that I currently had on EE 4 days ago. It did this online and it said it should take 72 hours but I haven't heard anything. There are no contact details on the email I received to chase it up. Am I just supposed to wait it out??

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Kellymr87,

Welcome to the community 🙂

To unlock at Samsung device it can take up to 10 working days to complete the request.

Do you have your SIM card in any phone at the moment?

On the online form, it asks you to provide a mobile number for EE to contact you on and the mobile number related to the phone you want to unlock.

Once the device has been unlocked, the next steps will be sent to the number provided.

Alex 🙂

by Kellymr87 Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alex

Yes my SIM is still in the phone I want to unlock as my upgrade phone
hasn't arrived yet.
The email said 72 hours even after I selected Samsung s7 on the online
form. There was mention that some phones can take upto 10 days but it also
said they text if there is a delay but I've had nothing since the email.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.