by Ht11111

Do I still pay to unlock my phone in the last week of my contract?

My EE contract ends on 5 August, I gave my 30 days notice to end it today and requested a PAC which expires on 4 August.

As I'm at the end of my contract do I still get charged to unlock my phone? This seems like a catch 22 situation as if I go outside of my contract to wait to get unlock my phone, i.e. after 5 August then I'll get it unlocked for free but I'll have to pay to start another month on the contract.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Do I still pay to unlock my phone in the last week of my contract?

You don't have to pay for whole months at the end of your contract; it will be charged pro-rata.

I reckon you have been premature asking for your PAC. It will expire before the end of your contract & will be used even earlier.

To get a free unlock you should apply for it on 5 Aug. & arrange your port shortly after.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ht11111  You don’t have to be an EE customer to request the device unlock.   Your account is closed but it’s still there for EE to see  so it doesn’t cost you any more to say with EE.   Change Network when your contract is up and then request the unlock. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ht11111

Thanks for choosing the community for support 🙂

I hope the advice given to you by @XRaySpeX and @Chris_B have offered takes care of all your questions.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.