by Lek Investigator
Investigator

Do I need an unlock code sent to me to uock ee phone

I have followed the onscreen unlocking process and had no active phone now for 3 days but I can't access updates as my number has been transferred to new network. Do I need an unlock code? 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Do I need an unlock code sent to me to uock ee phone

Didn't you give an email addy for the unlocking instructions to be sent?

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Lek Investigator
Investigator

The device was second hand and on the instructions to unlock it stated £8.99. I have contacted EE to say I no longer her have my EE number with them but their answer is always the same "if you've followed online unlock instructions all will be fine" all can't be fine as how do they know the details of my phone to unlock it they have no imei 

by Lek Investigator
Investigator

I gave my mobile number for updates but this number will no longer work until the phone is unlocked 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

How to unlock 2nd-hand phones from EE network

You cannot use the online unlocking form for 2nd-hand phones.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Lek Investigator
Investigator

Thank you

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Lek.

I see @XRaySpeX has explained our unlocking process for you.

Please come back and let us know what happens.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.