by notahappybunny1 Investigator
Investigator

Do EE know what they are doing?

I recently obtained an LG K8 handset from EE through my partners contract upgrade. As she does not need the handset she has passed it onto me with an EE PAYG sim. Currently i am on O2 and have no problems with them but as this is a simlocked handset i am having to change to EE. My number with O2 is my business number and a number i have had for some time so i requested the PAC code and initiated the number porting with EE. BIG MISTAKE.

Both O2 and EE informed me this process would be complete within 24hrs. 48 hrs later i contacted EE to ask why this was not complete. I spoke to an operator for nearly an hour and in that time she confused the O2 and EE numbers multiple times, sent settings to the EE number that was being replaced, asked me to turn handsets off and on and then finally she told me to hang up and she rang the O2 number, still in the O2 handset. When answered she quite happilly claimed the porting to be complete!! I then informed her that she had just rang the O2 number on the O2 handset and the EE handset was still on the EE number and switched OFF.

As i have read many horrer stories on these forums i was already a little weary and surprise surprise she continued the conversation pretty much word for word from all the forum posts where customers were weeks into number ports and still not resolved.

We then asked to speak to a manager and to our surprise there was a manager available -SHOCK-, at least that is what he called himself. Explaining the situatuation to him we were again told that this would be escalated, or as he better put it later in the conversation, a note put on file!

We were asked for our personal details to register the sim? Wait 24-48 hrs (48 hrs after a 24hr process?) Told to top up the EE number that was due to be ported so that the sim would activate? surely doing this would lose my credit when the porting actually went ahead?

We also explained all of the issues we had read on these forums, to which he replied "believe us and not what you read on the forums"!! I think i would rather believe your customers with the same issues? Also not convincing me that they actually care or pay attention to what is on this EE Forum!

Now after the conversation became a little less friendly and my patience thinner (over an hour on phone now) He assured us (but could not guarentee) the port was partly done and would be completed today (blaming O2 who imo have not put a foot wrong)

STILL WAITING and tbh not convinced it will happen, but i will be contacting them again tomorrow morning and this time we will not be hanging up untill the porting is complete, or a sim unlock code has been given.

17 REPLIES 17
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Do EE know what they are doing?

@notahappybunny1. Issue can and do happen and O2 have been known to make mistakes just like all the other network. 

Wnen did you first give EE the PAC code ?   As ports between networks do not happen over the weekend or get started at the weekend.   So if you gave it Friday it will not start till Monday.  

And if you mean the unlock code for the device so it will work on another network this will not happen as a contract device can not be unlocked for 6 months starting from the date of the sale.   And just to add the person who has gave you this device is in breach of their contract as they are not allowed to sell or give the device away for the first 6 months of the contract. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @notahappybunny1 and welcome to the Community

If your number transfer has not completed in the timescale you have now been quoted.

Please do give our customer services a call and let our technical level 2 team take a look.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

we have rang customer services back after both phones are now inactive! Unfortunateley your operaters like to hang up randomly, leaving us in another 15 min wait to get through.

Great customer service EE!!!!!!!!

Please answer with a solution

by
EE Employee

Hi @notahappybunny1

Please power down both phones and leave your EE handset off for around 5-10 mins then turn back on.

It does sound like the process is nearly completed.

I would love to check further, but here on the Community we are unable to access customer account data.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Chris_B, I refer you to the title of this post, thanks for your help!

Investigator

Lee_H this process has been done repeatedly, still in the same situation, No active numbers! We are currently in contact with customer services having to go from step 1 again! Hopefully they dont hang up AGAIN!

Investigator

Spoke too soon, THEY HUNG UP AGAIN!!!!!!! So we will have to wait and explain this all AGAIN for the third time tonight, wonderfull. If i had a contact number maybe you could ring me?

by
EE Employee

Hi @notahappybunny1

Unfortunately, we are unable to access any customer account so we would be unable to contact you.

If you are advising that you are losing service on both devices, multiple times it certainly needs investigating.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Lee_H Customer services have now blaming O2 as they have deactivated the O2 number, I presume this is because they have released it to EE? They are now providing a number for O2 to obtain ANOTHER PAC code and these charges will be billed at 50p/minute, what a joke! Again i refer to the title of this post!

by
EE Employee

Hi @notahappybunny1

I would speak to o2 to confirm how the number was deactivated:

From a landline you can call o2 on 0344 8090222 at your standard UK Rate (depending on landline provider)

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

4th Hang up!!!!! How many more times? Disgracefull is all i can say and this will be going a lot further than these forums!

Investigator

Lee_H I think EE should be contacting O2 don't you???

Investigator

O2 have confirmed that the number was deactivated because it was released to EE?

SOLUTION?????????

by
EE Employee

Hi @notahappybunny1

Unfortunately, it would need to be yourself.

As you would need to discuss your account and for data protection, we would be unable to do this,

Do let us know what they say.

If you are unhappy at how this has been handled by EE please do see our ways to complain Guide.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
EE Employee

Hi @notahappybunny1

If o2 have released the number for porting reasons, as I have said previously, this will need to be investigated by our level 2 technical team.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Lee_H O2 have confirmed the number is in possesion of EE and was transfered at 10-27 this morning!

Your Technical team doesnt seem to be very technical at all.

Could you supply details of your complaints procedure please

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.