by jrabs Investigator
Investigator

Do EE accept debit cards from Jersey Channel Islands

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Do EE accept debit cards from Jersey Channel Islands

@jrabs  Give customer services a call about this as you’ll need to call anyway to request to unlock. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jrabs

Welcome to the community. 

I recommend following @Chris_B's advice and contact customer services. They'll give the card a try for you. 🙂

Chris

by jrabs Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris B,

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you, thank you for your answering.

T he reasons I asked the thing about the card was I didn’t want to go through the proses of calling customer care and finding out at the that I couldn’t pay for the unlocking, that’s if it could be unlocked?

Now I think I know a little more about this phone, if what I’m being told is wright. The first seller purchased the phone from a well-known online second-hand store as an EE phone. They then sold it to someone on eBay. Both sellers were using EE sim cards, but not on contract. When I tried my sim card in the phone, I entered my card pin, it didn’t work. Checked it via Check-Mend, results all passed apart from the last one. Something called Recipero Asset-Watch? This is something I have never seen before. I now know it is a security thing that company’s put on their assets. The thing I’m not understanding is, how come it pasted all the Check-Mend tests apart from this one? Any info would be great.

Paul

by
EE Employee

Hi @jrabs

I've just looked into AssetWatch on the CheckMEND website and can see the description for this is as follows:

A red result indicates that the device being checked is being monitored by Recipero's AssetWatch service and is likely to be under an agreement whereby the seller does not necessarily have legal title of the device. An amber result indicates that an organisation has had a historic financial interest in this device and has recorded it through the Recipero AssetWatch service.

This does sound like the device could be still within the 6 months of EE purchase and this means the device cannot be unlocked till after that point.

You would need to speak to the unlocking team to look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by jrabs Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee,

So, it's showing clean on Check-Mend. Because it was purchased from EE, not on contract. It is still an EE phone?

Regards Paul

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jrabs  If it wasn’t a contract device and it was a PAYG device EE will unlock this now as this be device is already paid for. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.