by 2Catz
Visitor

Didnt't seem to need my unlock code. Will I still be charged £8.99?

Hi , I'm moving from EE to GiffGaff, ..my contract is up at the end of this month so i just decided to activate my new Giffgaff sim and put it in my phone today.. I did receive an unlocking code from EE, and thought I would need this as its been a business account contract phone with you.. When I followed the instructions you sent about unlocking, and put my new sim in and turned it back on, It worked straight away with GiffGaff activated sim..nothing came up asking for an unlock code. Is this normal, and will I still be charged £8.99 for the unlock code? as the phone didnt seem to need it. I did get it as an upgrade instore 2 yrs ago, so I thought it would be locked in to Ee

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Didnt't seem to need my unlock code. Will I still be charged £8.99?

Hi,

What phone is it?

If it's android and you purchased it from any store other than EE it will likely be unlocked. Only iPhones lock to the first sim used.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Didnt't seem to need my unlock code. Will I still be charged £8.99?

Hello there @2Catz

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you get in touch with our customer service team they will be able to look into any charges and if they can refund you at all.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.