by laurenteeee Investigator
Investigator

Customer service gave unlock code that cannot be used

Hello,

I'm trying to unlock an EE Rook phone. I called customer service, provided the IME code, paid £8.90, and they sent me an unlock code.

The problem is that this unlock code is 18 characters, made of digits and letters, while the phone expects a 16 digits number. The screen to enter the code says "Enter SIM ME lock [NP]".

Any idea how I'm supposed to use this unlock code?

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Customer service gave unlock code that cannot be used

Hello @laurenteeee it should be as simple as entering the NUC when prompted and the device should unlock. Only customer service have access to accounts to confirm the correct NUC for your Rook device:

http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch

🙂

Investigator

The thing is, they did give me an unlock code, but its format is different from what the device expects.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you stuck another network's SIM in it to try the unlock code with?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @laurenteeee that is what I meant by they can confirm if they have given you the correct code or not. You mentioned they have given you a 18 digit NUC containing letter and numbers however, that can not be the correct NUC if your device is asking for a 16 digit NUC containing only numbers. 🙂

Investigator

@XRaySpeX, yes I did this.

@tm90I've tried to call them again yesterday and, after 30 minutes on call, the only feedback I got was that a manager would send me an email at 5:30pm with the proper code. Unsurprisingly, he did not send anything.

Now I'm calling again, having to re-explain everything every time, but the guy on call is apparently gone without saying anything. Not sure if I'm supposed to hang up or to keep waiting for who knows how long.

Top customer service from EE anyway... Next time I need a SIM card I know what operator I won't consider.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @laurenteeee,

I've sent you a private message to get some details so I can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions