by JimBowen

Concel contract, unlock phone and move to PAYG with another provider

My EE contact expires mid this month. I intend to move to another provider on a sim only deal. Now I understand that I need to unlock my phone to do this, and then get my PAC code. I also understand that it costs £8.99 to unlock my phone while in contract but nothing once it has expired.


My questions:


Do I need to unlock my phone if I move to another provider who piggy back on the EE network, like plusnet for example?


Do I need to provide a notice period to end my current contract with EE?


What's the most cost effective way to make the move? Pay the £8.99 to unlock and move as soon as my contract ends, or wait until the end of the contract, unlock for free and then move as soon as possible to the new provider?



by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Concel contract, unlock phone and move to PAYG with another provider

Hi @JimBowen 


I would recommend unlocking your device as soon as possible. That way you know you can use another sim.


You need to give 30 days notice to leave if you are on a contract or pac out.



To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.