by Macleod98
Explorer

Changing Carrier

Hello

A few months ago my mother switched to a Samsung instead of her iPhone 6. She's in love with her Samsung and no longer needed her iPhone. 

After a few months of it literally gathering dust in the drawer, I gave it to my girlfriend, completely unaware that the phone was locked to EE. So she couldnt use her SIM card. 

I was was wondering what the best course of action to take is. We aren't sure if it is 6 months old or not, and we're just hoping to get it unlocked quickly and safely her current phone is on its last legs. 

Would it be safer going to EE instore? Phoning them? Or a third party website? There seem to be many scam websites so I'm just being very cautious. 

My mother and I are still with EE we have been for years, just my girlfriend isn't. She factory reset the phone thinking it would help, it didn't. Which means it has no 4G or WiFi connection. Is that a problem or is there a work around. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Changing Carrier

Hi @Macleod98

Please CLICK HERE to review the current unlocking process.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Macleod98  Ask your mum to fill out the online form with her details ( even the phone number that was used in the device as it needs to be linked to her account) and it will be free to unlock the device.   Make sure you manually enter the IMEI number of the iPhone.    

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Macleod98

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

If your Mum can give us a call or fill in the online unlocking form we will do the rest 🙂

The request can take up to 10 days and then any SIM will work in the iPhone.

Have a lovely evening!

by Macleod98
Explorer

Hello.

Would it be okay if I called or wrote it out? I know all the account details since my mother struggles with technogly and has no clue 🙂

Or does it absolutely have to be her

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Macleod98

If you can give us a call when she is with you that will be fine.

We can take some details then you can sort this out for her.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.