by
Investigator

Cannot unlock Pixel XL

Hi there,

I bought a new PAYG Google Pixel XL from my local EE store, which is registered with My EE. I have filled out the form for it to be unlocked but received this text:

"Hi from EE. We are unable to complete your unlocking request as your account is not correctly registered. Please contact Customer Services for more information if you'd like to proceed with your unlocking request. Thank you, EE."

I have no way of calling customer support since I do not have the credit for the call and I am out of the country. I was told as I bought the phone from the staff member in store that there would be no problems.

Is there someone that can help me sort this out please?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution
Accepted by leanne_T (EE Community Support Team)
‎19-02-2017 02:48 PM

Re: Cannot unlock Pixel XL

Hi @sariachan,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Your account must be activated and registered with your details before we can unlock your phone.

Please get in touch with customer service (using the calling from abroad contact number) and they'll sort this out straight away for you.

Thanks

James

6 REPLIES
by
Solution
Accepted by leanne_T (EE Community Support Team)
‎19-02-2017 02:48 PM

Hi @sariachan,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Your account must be activated and registered with your details before we can unlock your phone.

Please get in touch with customer service (using the calling from abroad contact number) and they'll sort this out straight away for you.

Thanks

James

by
Grand Master

@James_B   Does EE sell that device on PAYG yet?   As I can not find it in the payg devices.  

by
Investigator

@James_B I cannot call Customer Sevices as I have no credit on my phone, having to top up £5 just to make a phone call to CS to sort out a service that is provided free of charge is quite a waste of money, especially since I need to swap the EE sim card for my Dutch card, as I am currently in the Netherlands for a long period of time. 

Is there a staff member that I can contact online to get this sorted out please?

by

[ Edited ]

Hi @sariachan

I understand your frustration.

You can ring us using an alternative phone on the details @James_B has provided as we are unable to contact yourself.

Many thanks,

Lee

by

Hi @Chris_B

The device is available in store as PAYG and not online.

Cheers

Lee

by
Grand Master

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.