by SharonBishop Contributor
Contributor

Cannot get may orange phone to work with new ee sim card.

Got Orange phone and sim card was sent EE sim as cheaper put new sim in phone and it says invalid sim.  Tried a different network sim (o2) £1.00 from Argos and still says same do I need to have money on this sim card? Got the unlock code already. Any help greatly appreciated already phoned EE 3 times since receiving the sim Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cannot get may orange phone to work with new ee sim card.

@SharonBishop   If the device is locked to Orange and you cannot put an EE Sim card in it as it’s a different network.   You need to get the device unlocked and I would give customer services a call about getting this unlocked. 

Contributor

Hi Chris, I've got the code already spoke to EE last week it's just as soon as put the new EE sim or O2 one in it says invalid sim.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SharonBishop  Have you put the code in to the device yet ? 

Contributor

No because as soon as I put the sim and battery back into to the phone and switch it on it says invalid sim and can only use for emergency calls

Contributor

I've not solved it yet even thou post says I have

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @SharonBishop.

What is the make and model of the phone?

Chris

Contributor

It's a Samsung S3350 bought from new from Orange Shop about 7 or 8 years ago

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's saying "invalid sim" cuz you haven't entered the unlock code yet. You need to enter the unlock code before you can use any other SIM in it. That's what it's for.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

I've  just tried the code and it's still saying invalid sim (tried an O2 sim card) no credit on it thou.  Emergency calls only!

by

Hello there @SharonBishop

Thanks for coming back to us.

Are you entering the code with the O2 SIM card in the phone?

Did the phone work ok with the Orange SIM?

Thanks, Leanne.

Contributor

Yes I am trying with O2 sim in (no credit on it thou) does this matter? It works fine when I put the old Orange sim card back in

by

Thanks @SharonBishop

Is the O2 SIM card active?

Has this worked for you even with no credit?

Thanks, Leanne.

Contributor

I took it straight out of packaging and put straight into phone. Do I have to activate it?

Contributor

Looks like I have to top up by £10.00 to activate the sim. This is turning out to be more hassle than I thought might have to keep it as pay as you go seems to be costing me money and phone calls to change over. Are there any sim cards out there that already have credit on them for a small charge?

by

Hello there @SharonBishop

Is your EE SIM card active?

Have you spoken to our customer service team to see if this is registered?

Thanks, Leanne.

Contributor

I would like to think so they sent it to me and said all I had to do was put it in the phone don't think they realised it was orginally on Orange PAYG I have spoke to customer services 4 times since having the card.  I've got my unlock code.  Wondering if the O2 sim is the problem as I've not activated in and to do that I need to credit with £10.00 expensive way to unlock my phone from Orange network thanks

by

Hi @SharonBishop

I can get our unlocking team to check the code is correct for you to make sure this is not the problem.

To do this I have sent you a private message on here to get some further information.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You do not need any credit on a PAYG SIM for it to be active. You just can't make chargeable calls or texts with it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.