by Phani3399
Explorer

Can we remove iPhone blacklist and unlock ?

Bought IPhone 6s Plus couple of years back from a buyer who said it’s unlocked and on checking I even found its blacklisted. Is there any way can I remove the phone from blacklist. Happy to pay if that solves my problem.

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Can we remove iPhone blacklist and unlock ?

No sorry, only the original owner of the handset can remove the blacklist.  A handset that is blacklisted will also not be unlocked by the network.

by Phani3399
Explorer

Thanks for the prompt response Mitch. Is it the same even if I am willing to pay for the unlock and blacklist that EE Specifies ?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes, unfortunately, there is nothing you can do in this situation.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Phani3399  The blacklist is on the device because it’s been reported lost/stolen by the original owner and unfortunately just because you’ve purchased it it doesn’t actually mean it’s yours.   

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B it's a half baked blacklisting system when the actual thief and seller of said stolen goods is / are the only one(s) to have gained out of this then. On top of that the original owner might have undertaken an insurance scam on said item in the first place.

But then in this age when scammers, fraudsters and other thieves can operate with impunity... 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.