by HWor Investigator
Investigator

Can ee give me the IMEI number of a stolen phone?

Hello, not sure if this is the right place for this - but my son's iphone was taken and he foolishly does not have the IMEI number to report it missing.  Is there any way ee can trace it through their records?

Hope that doesn't sound too stupid a question.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Can ee give me the IMEI number of a stolen phone?

Hello @HWor MYEE accounts do not show the IMEI number of any devices used I am sorry. Your son would have to call customer service for this information. 🙂

11 REPLIES 11
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @HWor does he not have the box or any receipts or paperwork for it anymore?

Only customer service or Live Chat if he has an EE personal pay monthly account have access to accounts. He can contact them on 150 from an EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other or here is a link containing the ways to access Live Chat. :):

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

by HWor Investigator
Investigator

Hello Tom

No, he bought his friend's when he got a new one (all legit!) and his friend can't find any of the info.  It's really silly of him not to make a note of it himself.  But he has got a pay monthly sim only contract so I'll tell him to ask ee if they've got a record of it. 

Thanks very, very much.

HWor

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @HWor hopefully you/your son can obtain it soon. EE should have it on record and your friends network might also still have a record of it logged against their account to if they would not mind calling to check. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did he register the SIM to an MyEE online a/c? If so, you may be able to see the IMEI of the phone there under Manage Device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by HWor Investigator
Investigator

Thanks again Tom, I appreciate your advice. 

We'll try all suggestions.

Have a good weekend

HWor

by HWor Investigator
Investigator

Hello X-Ray

Thanks so much for responding.  I'll tell my son to do that this morning.

I appreciate your help.

Have a good weekend

HWor

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @HWor MYEE accounts do not show the IMEI number of any devices used I am sorry. Your son would have to call customer service for this information. 🙂

by HWor Investigator
Investigator

Hello

Just to let you know he drew a blank initially when we contacted ee, and Apple, asking for the IMEI number, but then realised we can use the sim serial number to log the phone as missing with TFL.  So ee have very helpfully given us that from their records.

Thanks again

HWor

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @HWor hopefilly the device is found soon. Let us know how you get on and come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry :(. Yes, you're right. EE online a/c's don't show IMEIs. I was mixing it up with O2 online a/c's which do show the IMEI even of phones not bought from them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

While EE online account might not show the IMEI, surely EE keep a record of the IMEI of every phone used on their network. I know this because this is used when requesting proof of usage for an insurance claim (and this comes with the IMEI of the insured phone to prove to the insurance this phone has been used on certain dates etc). 

So customer services will surely be able to help and provide the IMEI number by checking their records. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions