by Danni15 Investigator
Investigator

Can anyone tell me how to contact ee about a delayed unlock code?

Hi.. can anyone help? 

I'm currently in contract with Samsung galaxy s8. I want my old s6 edge unlocked. I requested unlock code over 10 days ago bit never heard anything. Couldnt get through to ee on any of the phone options or online chat.. very frustrating so requested another unlock code 3 days ago still no code received!! And still no way to contact ee. So so frustrating as I need this by tomorrow !!

7 REPLIES 7
by Danni15 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Can anyone tell me how to contact ee about a delayed unlock code?

So apparently according to online chat i need to randomly press options when phoning 150 to get through to an advisor... ridiculous wheb that's what you have to do to actually get to speak to someone. The options give (option 2 then 4,) are incorrect.... 13 days for an unlock code is ridiculous 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Danni15  No options to get through to customer services !!    If you requested this online did you make sure you requested the correct device to be unlocked by entering the device IMEI number manually?    

You will need to call customer services tomorrow to get this resolved and hopefully you might. 

Nothing can be done to help you from here tonight.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Danni15 Investigator
Investigator

I called that number and did option 2 then 4... option 2 is for 4 devices and then option 4 is for calling abroad! Tried several times..  and yes I entered the imei number of my old phone and it picked up from the imei that it was an s6 edge ... had to give them my current number as I don't have a number in the s6 edge. 

Will call tomorrow just very frustrating that I've been calling for 4 days now and no decent response!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You sure dialled the 0800 no. I gave you? I just dialled it:

• Opt 2 is for non-EE custs, then
  • Opt 4 is for general enquiries.

It sounds like you have called 1 of the standard CS nos. for existing custs. where:

• Opt 2 is for 4G WiFi,
  • then there are only 3 options for the 3 EE brands.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Danni15 Investigator
Investigator

Hello...I'm not sure which is which... I've failed two different 0800
numbers...150 from my phone and a mobile number given to me by the online
chat people but by the time I got the mobile number they were closed. So
cross that I've tried so many times and forgotten what's what do giving up
and Will be on the phone bang on 9am tomorrow!! I'll try the number you
gave.thanks
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Danni15

I am sorry to hear you have not received your unlocking code.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some further details.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.