by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Can I unlock my old galaxy S4 from EE now I've Upgraded

How can I unlock my old S4 to use as a backup with limited sims from the £ shop?

I have seen methods of accessing service menus but I don't get the same service menu.

Obviously I would like to do this for free, Any ideas anyone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Can I unlock my old galaxy S4 from EE now I've Upgraded

You don't need any SIM with a diff. no. It's all to do with the no. it originally had.

You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Denjerus Fill THIS out but  make sure you manually enter the IMEI number on the device you want unlock. To get the imei number of the device you want to unlock on the dial keyboard enter *#06#.   

by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Chris _B

I did try that but I just kept looping round and round because I don't have a replacement sim with a different phone number and since I have upgraded it's like my old phone doesn't exist on EE. Pity really since it was on contract for 2 years and 2 more on PAYG.

2 weeks off the network ....

Think I'll take it to the wizzkid at the EE shop and maybe he will help.

By the way I tried doing it myself after googling "how to" but couldn't get the right service menu up on my S4.

Thanks for trying to help. I'm Obliged to you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You don't need any SIM with a diff. no. It's all to do with the no. it originally had.

You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Denjerus Contributor
Contributor

Thank You XRayspeX. I'll give it another go and get back to you. I think I just kept getting the restart prompt. I'll let you know.

And It has worked!!

I have recieved an email telling me my request to unlock has been successful.

Thanks for the prompt.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions