by IeuanJ95
Explorer

Can I transfer my existing number to a new sim that is under a different name

Will I be able to transfer the number on the current sim I use to the new sim I have just ordered even though the two sim cards will have different 2 different account holder names? My current sim is with orange but is under my mum's name and my new sim will be with EE but under my name.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Can I transfer my existing number to a new sim that is under a different nam

Hello @IeuanJ95 both accounts would need to be under the same name for the Orange number to be migrated over. 

If you call Orange customer service on 450 from an Orange phone or 07973 100 450 from any other (lines open at 8am) when both you and your mum (account holder) are physically present in the room together they should be able to transfer ownership of the Orange SIM to you, then migrate the number on to your EE SIM for you. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Can I transfer my existing number to a new sim that is under a different nam

Hello @IeuanJ95 both accounts would need to be under the same name for the Orange number to be migrated over. 

If you call Orange customer service on 450 from an Orange phone or 07973 100 450 from any other (lines open at 8am) when both you and your mum (account holder) are physically present in the room together they should be able to transfer ownership of the Orange SIM to you, then migrate the number on to your EE SIM for you. 🙂
by IeuanJ95
Explorer

Ah ok thank you! 😄

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @IeuanJ95 come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions