by elloevo Investigator
Investigator

Can I please get a straight answer

Upgraded to iphone 7 at the start of August after a lot of messing around. Submitted an online form to unlock my old iphone 6s for recycling, and got a confirmation email saying it could take up to 10 days. Well the 10 days have come and gone so I contacted 150 and spoke to a very nice man who confirmed the details of my request and told me he was trying to get through to the unlocking department, this was at 7.30pm and he said rather than keep me on the phone he would call back. No call came. I contacted 150 again the following day and spoke to a woman who again checked the details and again I got told the unlcoking department was unavailable, this was at 3pm in the afternoon. She said she would keep trying and would call me back. No call came.

What the hell is going on? Why can I not get a straight answer. There is nothing worse than having your time waisted and being messed around. As nice as ee customer services agents are, all I want is a straight answer as to what has happened to my unlocking request. And the unlocking team is not available to ee's own customer service operators at 3pm in the afternoon, seriously?

I would not mind, but I have been a customer for almost 10 years (previously with Orange), and have had nothing but good things to say about ee. Thats the reason for staying loyal to them. But this month the amount of time I have spent just chasing up ee on things is dissappointing (both on the upgrade and now the unlocking issue).

If anybody can offer any insight into the unlocking mystery it would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I please get a straight answer

@elloevo   How long had you owned the 6s at the time of requesting the unlock?  

by elloevo Investigator
Investigator

Hi, it was at the end of its contract so 24 months.

There was a lot of hassle upgrading because my account was telling me it was time to upgrade but every time I tried to complete online or on app it would crash at last stage. I spoke with customer services who initially wanted to charge £85 upgrade fee but waived it. That was to do with the date 23rd August being the upgrade date, which I could not understand if my account was telling me to upgrade!

Could all that be a factor in the onlocking issue?

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@elloevo   It’s a iPhone 6 if it was 24 months old at time of request last year.    When you filled in the online form did you manually enter the IMEI number of the iPhone 6 ?  

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @elloevo

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

What date and time did you submit the unlocking request?

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by elloevo Investigator
Investigator

I received a 'Thanks for your unlocking request' email from EE at 00:29 on 9th August. Since then I have had nothing and when I have called 150 they have been unable to do anything except say they will call me back, but they don't. 

by elloevo Investigator
Investigator

Yes I manually entered it as I remember getting it off the back of the iPhones box. It was also confirmed to me when I first spoke with customer services on 150 who read the IMEI number to me and I confirmed it. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @elloevo

Here on the community we are unable to check account details.

Please go give customer services a quick and they will gladly get you through to the unlocking team.

Many thanks.

Lee 

by elloevo Investigator
Investigator

Just got off the ph e with customer services, same story they are unable to get through to the unlocking team. She suggested calling back tomorrow mid afternoon, which I already did yesterday with the same result. 

4 times I have contacted customer services about this issue and on all 4 occasions they have been unable to do anything because the unlocking team is unavailable. 

Should I just submit another request online to have the phone unlocked? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @elloevo

I am very sorry this has happened.

I have sent you a private message to get some details from you.

We will see what we can do to help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.