by Benny2403 Investigator
Investigator

Can I get my 4gee box unlocked

Hi was just wondering if it's possible to get these 4gee boxes unlocked as I hate the fact I can't see what data I have left, and really if you can't get a simple app like the My EE sorted then personally I don't want to be with your network but I've paid for the router

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I get my 4gee box unlocked

How does the device being locked prevent you seeing what data you have left? You can see that from the router's admin interface.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I can't set anything up when I try register it keeps saying confirm number so I do then just tells me to log in which it then puts me bk telling me to register my number and it keeps going round and round, and I wanna know if I can unlock to swap service provider!!!

Sent from my iPhone
by Profile closed
Not applicable

All you need to do to check your data usage with EE is browse to

http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Benny2403

Thanks for coming here,

Which device are you using?

Does the link provided above work for you?

Thanks 🙂

Investigator

I couldn't say yet as I'm at work and the box is out in car so will update around half 4/5pm

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Benny2403

Let us know how it goes 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, MyEE doesn't work for registering MBB devices. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

This is supposed to be investigated since I reported it months ago but as far as I know, & you just confirmed it, nowt's been done.

You don't need to register your MBB device in order to use it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @XRaySpeX

This is being looked into and we will let you know when we get further updates.

Thanks 🙂

Investigator

Sorry took so long but yeah link worked fine

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

Thanks that's a massive help 😌

Sent from my iPhone
by

Great thanks for letting us know @Benny2403 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.