by giorgissimo
Visitor

Can I buy a new SIM, cancel first contract (upgrade due) and transfer number?

I am due an upgrade and know I can go through the official upgrade process to get a new SIM – but it doesn't give me the option to enter a voucher code, which I would like to do.

Can I purchase the SIM separately (still through EE), cancel the original contract and transfer the original number to the new SIM? I can't see any difference between upgrading to a new SIM through the official upgrade process and upgrading to a new SIM bought separately – so presumably this should be very easy to do.

Thanks,

George

PS This is important to me, as without the voucher it's not economically viable for me to stay with EE.

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Can I buy a new SIM, cancel first contract (upgrade due) and transfer number

You can but you will need to port your number to another network PAYG sim to port back into the new sim as you are not upgrading and getting a new line. 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I buy a new SIM, cancel first contract (upgrade due) and transfer number

@giorgissimo  Why not just call customer services to see if they can add the voucher code for you ? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @giorgissimo.

Thanks for coming here.

If you took a new SIM card we would be unable to transfer an existing EE number onto this.

Is the voucher from your work place?

Also have you spoken to customer services?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.