by Jasonch89 Contributor
Contributor

Can EE unlock an O2 phone?

I've just taken out a contract with EE and need to get my Galaxy S8 unlocked

I've sent multiple requests to O2 to unlock my phone, it's been 2 weeks since my first request was sent but I haven't heard anything from them

Can EE unlock it or does it have to be done through O2?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can EE unlock an O2 phone?

@Jasonch89 EE can not unlock a device that’s not associated with the EE network. EE wouldn’t have any information about this device so can not help you.  Only O2 can help you.  Sorry. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

ONLY O2 can unlock an O2 phone

To ask for your phone to be unlocked, you'll need to complete O2's online form.

It's free for contract users or £15 for PAYG taken from your PAYG credit (so you'll need to top-up to this level beforehand).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Jasonch89 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can EE unlock an O2 phone?

Ah that's a pain, I guess I will have to contact O2 customer services again and keep at them till they unlock. 

Thank you

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions