by bozsoki93
Visitor

Buying Second-hand EE phone outside UK?

Hello

I'm from Hungary and i found a cheap Google Pixel XL phone from a second hand seller. I'm planning to buy it from him, but i have few questions before purchase. The phone is EE network only and i want to use it on hungarian T-mobile network. I saw on the EE website, i can unlock it for 8.99 GBP. 

Possible to unlock the phone if it's unpaid by the original buyer? Can i check there are unpaid bills to EE? 

I asked to the  buyer for IMEI number of the phone. If i call EE support and tell that IMEI number they will answering me its unlockable? If yes, how do i pay that 8.99 GBP for unlocking?

Can we do this process with outside UK credit card and with no informations of the original buyer?

Sorry about my english.

Thanks for help!

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Buying Second-hand EE phone outside UK?

Hi @bozsoki93

Please CLICK HERE to review the current unlocking process.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@bozsoki93  EE can not comment about that device as it was on someone else’s account.    You need to ask yourself why is a device that’s locked to a UK network for sale where you are.    If you do purchase it you’ll need to pay the unlock fee via a UK credit/debt card.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Risky as well as being difficult, if not impossible, to unlock from abroad.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bozsoki93

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

I can see that you have been given help from @BrendonH @Chris_B and @XRaySpeX

Please follow the advice in the How to unlock a second-hand phone or device locked to EE support article.

This will explain what you need to do and how you need to do it.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.