by Gerkio56
Explorer

Blocked iphone 5

Why should i pay EE £8.99 to unlock my phone when EE locked it giving no reasons.i did not ask for it to be locked so therefore why should i pay

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Blocked iphone 5

@Gerkio56

Blame Apple not EE. That's the cost to unlock, and EE set that price. 

Don't forget:

any iPhone or iPad sold directly by EE, on or after 1 September 2015, will be unlocked automatically once it reaches 18 months old*

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gerkio56  Unless you purchase a device outright in full then they lock to the network that the first SIM card that is placed on them.   

And if you have to pay £8.99 it’s because you didn’t get the device from EE directly.  If you get any device from EE they will unlock it for free once the contract is over or as @Northerner has said if it was purchased after said date for an iPhone from EE. 

by Gerkio56
Explorer

Nothing to do with apple

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Gerkio56 wrote:

Nothing to do with apple

It's the price and the policy in place. Regardless if its apple or not.

Same on every network except Three (who don't lock their phones)

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gerkio56: Basically it's the EE T&Cs that you agreed when you signed-up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions