by Sweetpea1960 Investigator
Investigator

Blocked iPhone 4s works on EE sim won’t work on Vodafone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Blocked iPhone 4s works on EE sim won’t work on Vodafone?

You still need to know the no. if you use the unlocking form. The IMEI is only needed when you have done an upgrade to distinguish the upgraded phone from the previous phone.

You could try the non-EE cust route by calling Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Blocked in what way? If it's locked to EE it won't work on Voda w/out being unlocked.

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand? The process & costs are different.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sweetpea1960

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It sounds from your explanation that the phone is locked to EE.

Please take a look at our Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device support article for information on how to get it unlocked.

Thanks

Chris

Investigator

Hi there, I had two 4s under contract with T Mobile a few years ago, I signed up with virgin for awhile changed numbers and such. Went back to EE under new contract with I 6s. I contacted EE to have one of the i4s unlocked they said they had no record of 4s contract ? I contacted Virgin to make sure no error was made, reply was we had sim only contract with them. So back to square one ! I don’t feel I should pay out when the phone should be unlocked for free due to having had contract with said phone.

Best regards Lester Sinclair
Investigator

Hi there, I had two 4s under contract with T Mobile a few years ago, I signed up with virgin for awhile changed numbers and such. Went back to EE under new contract with I 6s. I contacted EE to have one of the i4s unlocked they said they had no record of 4s contract ? I contacted Virgin to make sure no error was made, reply was we had sim only contract with them. So back to square one ! I don’t feel I should pay out when the phone should be unlocked for free due to having had contract with said phone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Virgin is a MVNO that runs over the EE network, so the 4s would run on Virgin, but not on Voda.

As you bought it from T-M under contract, which has now been cancelled, EE will unlock it for free. You can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it used to have. It will first show your current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, you will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

Investigator

Thanks for the reply, I think I will have to go down the IMIE number as I can’t remember the number used on that phone ! Thanks for your advice, I shall try it and hopefully get the phone unlocked.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sweetpea1960

Thank you for coming here to community 🙂

Hopefully you can get the phone unlocked and I see you've been helped by @XRaySpeX and @Christopher_G

Keep us updated please Lester.

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You still need to know the no. if you use the unlocking form. The IMEI is only needed when you have done an upgrade to distinguish the upgraded phone from the previous phone.

You could try the non-EE cust route by calling Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

Investigator

Thanks XRay had to pay in the end ! To much hassle.
Cheers for your input.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Sweetpea1960

I'm glad you got there in the end.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.