Highlighted
by paperino
Explorer

Automatic unlock pixel after contract

hi i just get from my family a first model of google pixel. The 2 years contract ended last month how should i apply to make it unlocked? i read that it should become unlocked automatically. Can i claim it any way and where should i do it at EE support or google? Please any help will be appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Automatic unlock pixel after contract

Thanks for confirming @paperino

Are you able to ask the original owner to get in touch with Customer Care so we can check the lock status of the phone?

James

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Automatic unlock only applies to iPhones.

You need to request the unlock through EE.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by paperino
Explorer

@BrendonH wrote:

Automatic unlock only applies to iPhones.

You need to request the unlock through EE.

well so info at EE webiste than are not accurate. According to this what i find :

All Google Pixel phones unlock after 721 days (roughly two years) after being activated. You should get a notification to confirm that it's unlocked.

Any other phone will need a code for unlocking which you should receive after going through the unlocking process, whether online or via speaking to one of EE's customer service agents.

by

Hi @paperino,

Welcome to the EE Community.

The information you have quoted is correct, your Pixel should already be unlocked.

Have you tried another SIM to see if it works?

Thanks

James

by paperino
Explorer

hi James. Yes it's taking only EE sim.

by
Solution

Thanks for confirming @paperino

Are you able to ask the original owner to get in touch with Customer Care so we can check the lock status of the phone?

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Text UNLOCK to 150 to check its unlock status.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.