by Troy_1998_ Investigator
Investigator

Any way to gain service on old sim?

Hi,

So i have got a new sim recently on pay as you go and left my monthly contract which was under my grandads name but i went to reset my password on yahoo today and i cant reset due to needing that number to text activation key too. I thought i could put in the sim and ill be set but i had no service, the texts didnt come through which then for means that i cant access any of my email adresses. Is there any way around this or is best to go through yahoo?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Any way to gain service on old sim?

Hello @Troy_1998_ if you are trying to reset the password for your online MYEE account and the link in the password reset email is not working then please call EE customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other (lines open at 8am) who can check/reset your online account for you.

Your old pay monthly SIM will have terminated along with your pay monthly account when you requested this. You would not be able to activate/confirm your account using this number anymore but customer service can remove it and add the new one as well. 🙂
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you not get EE to transfer your no. from your old contract SIM to your new PAYG SIM? That's what you should have done.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi thanks for the reply, no it's not to reset my EE account it's to gain access to my yahoo accounts, I have three under that number and I can't seem to remember password to any of them due to my hardrive corrupting and loosing all information, I should of made a back up, I know I'm a idiot 🙂 

Investigator

Hi, thanks for the reply and No I didn't unfortunately, I had to start the pay as you go before I ended the contract due to it being the MTV Trax sim so I needed to get that before it ran out 😕 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Troy_1998_ thank you for confirming. You would have to contact Yahoo customer service about resetting your password without the number linked since it is your Yahoo owned account you are trying to access even though your security verification is linked to your old now terminated EE mobile number. Here at EE you would only be able to get help with logging into your MYEE account specifically. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.