by Shahfaliq Investigator
Investigator

Activating locked iPhone XR without EE sim?

Hello there,

Is it possible to activate EE network locked iPhone XR without EE sim present? If its a brand new iPhone XR just turned on, during the set up process can you use iTunes or any other method to activate it? Or it must require EE sim to activate the iPhone?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Activating locked iPhone XR without EE sim?

@Shahfaliq You can activate it without a Sim card but you will need to use iTunes PC. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you want to unlock it for any network SIM, you can't until it is over 6 months old.

Did you buy this device yourself new direct from EE or is it 2nd-hand?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi,

I'm trying to get in touch with someone at EE over phone call, I'm from abroad. I tried dialling +44 (0) 7953 966 250 but it won't go through. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Investigator

I'm trying to find out about this iPhone I have that is locked with EE, its a long story, its best if I'm able to explain through phone call. I'm from abroad and trying to find a solution to unlock this iPhone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Shahfaliq  You can activate the device but you can not get it unlock to use on your network as EE will

not unlock the device for 6 months starting when the original owner purchased the device.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling Customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) but you won't get it unlocked.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Shahfaliq  The device will not be unlocked until 6 months have passed since it was purchased from EE.   The Xr hasn’t been out 6 months yet so it will not be unlocked at all.  You need to know when it was purchased from EE and only the seller can tell you this.   

Investigator

I really appreciate it, thanks so much. I will try.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions