by Jon74
Visitor

72 hrs, still no sign of an sms unlock code for my iPhone.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 72 hrs, still no sign of an sms unlock code for my iPhone.

@Jon74 EE try to achieve unlocks in 72 hours not that it will be done in 72 hours it can take up to 10 days . It does state this when filling out the online unlock request form.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Jon74

Thanks for coming to the community.

When did you request the iPhone to be unlocked?

Have you checked your emails to see if we have been in touch?

Leanne.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Jon74 If your unlock request is for an Apple product it can take up to 10 days to complete but sometimes this happens sooner. As soon as it’s done you should receive a text or email giving you instructions on how to use a new sim on a different network 👍

by RPA38 Investigator
Investigator

I recently unlocked my iPhone.  I rang customer services, paid my £8.99 I was told it’d take 48 hours, I also received a text telling me it’d be done within that timeframe and I’d receive a further text once done.  Less than 24 hours later I attempted to put a different network sim in my previously locked device, to my amazement it worked, I didn’t receive any notification it was successfully unlocked (I still haven’t and it’s been a week).  My advice would be to try another sim if you haven’t already. In my experience the unlocking procedure is first class, the communication is perhaps lacking.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.