Re: Unlocking your mobile phone or device – The EE quick guide

Hi @lintao

is there anything we can help you with?

Thanks. Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi

could someone please send me a link to talk to someone online?

today marks the 10th day since I requested to have my phone unlocked, however my phone number has already been transferred onto the new sim so I cannot receive text message codes! Would like to have everything emailed instead?

Thanks

by
Ace Contributor

Hi @Princessterri EE don't generally send any codes by email what phone is it? As it may have been unlocked already it's happened many times where people have found it is unlocked a few days after requesting it

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by
Investigator

Hi, thanks for the reply! Its an iphone 5s, so what do I need to do? 

Thanks

by
Ace Contributor

Hi @Princessterri just try a different sim if it works it's unlocked 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
by
Investigator

Ha! All sorted now thanks very much

by
Ace Contributor

@Princessterri No worries your welcome 

by
Visitor

Hi

Summer is starting to draw to close

When will the charging on unblocking be implemented

x

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Robot_Maid

There is no further information, but please keep checking this thread for further updates.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Summer is now over, and EE's deadline for introducing free unlocks has been missed. Is there any suggestion EE is backtracking on its March 2016 commitment entirely?

http://www.which.co.uk/campaigns/mobile-phone-deals/track-our-progress/

The language from EE's twitter operators is getting progressively more vague:

'we will be changing our charges for unlocking'

'unlocking is still £8.99, but as and when that changes, our unlock page will be updated'

by
Investigator

Maybe I'm dumb, but I still find the way things are worded slightly confusing. The text in the "Trying to unlock a second-hand phone or device?" section about unlocking second hand handsets (and on the EE help page) is aimed at people who aren't EE customers – what is the correct proceedure if you are an EE customer and want to unlock a second hand handset?

by

[ Edited ]

Hi @jMc777,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You follow the same process for unlocking second hand devices even if you are an EE customer because the phone/device won't be linked to your account.

Hope this helps.

James

by
Investigator

Hi James_B!

Ahh, ok. They should add some anti-idiot logic to the handset unlock web form to let people know that second hand handsets can't be unlocked this way. I actually received a "Thank you for your request to unlock your device" email after doing it and have been waiting like an numpty for an unlock code.

by

Thanks for the feedback @jMc777

I'll pass it on to the relevant EE people.

Have a great day. Smiley Happy

James

by
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the iPad Pro 9.7" which IS locked to EE, but using the embedded sim. Works fine with EE but iPad is locked to EE. I have tried a different SIM so is definitely locked also have a registered PAYGO account. I have £10 credit on the embedded sim I fill out the online form, go through the whole unlock process and the online form recognised the iPad when I entered the PAYGO number, but fails when I submit saying 'Sorry, Something went wrong. We were not able to process your request unfortunately' asking me to go through the form again! To no avail. Any suggestions?

by
Grand Master

@SouthRapid: You can't use a PAYG SIM to unlock a device that wasn't originally on PAYG. Did you get this tablet from new from EE on a contract?

To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Contributor

Technically I had the iPad from new (original owner, pay monthly) but ported the number out while still in contract and closed my account. Then used the paygo sim built in.

by

Hello @SouthRapid

If you give Customer Services a quick call, they'll be able to put you through to the Team to process the unlock.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by

Dear EE,

I requested an unlock of my iphone 5s using the online form and recieved a confirmation email on the 7th September. Since then I have not heard from EE except for a text message survey on the unlocking process. Can you please look into this for me and advise on my unlock's status. I am currently abroad and would like an update via email or text please.

Kind regards.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.