by
Explorer

Trying to use my elderly mums phone number not recognised no network

Trying again to get my elderly mum to use new phone bought last Feb but no network and number not recognised when try to access account.  It has been previously topped up twice since purchase.  Can anyone advise?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by Karen_C (EE Community Support Team)
‎24-02-2017 01:53 PM

Re: Trying to use my elderly mums phone number not recognised no network

@Mobro   Is this a PAYG device?  If it is and it's not used for 90 days the SIM card goes in to hibernation you then get 90 more days to call customer services to re-activate the Sim card if you do not do this then the SIM card is  permanently deactivated and you need to get a new Sim card and need to set up a new account. 

4 REPLIES
by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by Karen_C (EE Community Support Team)
‎24-02-2017 01:53 PM

@Mobro   Is this a PAYG device?  If it is and it's not used for 90 days the SIM card goes in to hibernation you then get 90 more days to call customer services to re-activate the Sim card if you do not do this then the SIM card is  permanently deactivated and you need to get a new Sim card and need to set up a new account. 

by
Explorer

Yes it's a PAYG which she had previously topped up for £20 before deciding she couldn't use the phone! If I buy her a new SIM Will she be able to get a credit transfer from the old to new?

by
Grand Master

@Mobro   If the old SIM card is deactivated then sorry no as there is no account to take the money from.  

But but I do suggest you call customer services and explain what's happened as you might be lucky and get a token as a good will gesture. 

by
Explorer

Thanks

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.