by
Visitor

My Sony xperia xa has updated. It has locked me out, doesn't recognise my pin

Hi 

My Sony xperia xa updated it's software. It now doesn't recognise my pin.  Has anyone else had this happen? And any suggestions? Thanks.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution
Accepted by Richard_C (EE Community Support Team)
Tuesday

Re: My Sony xperia xa has updated. It has locked me out, doesn't recognise my pi

Hi @Marcusm,

Welcome to the EE Community.

The software update won't have changed your PIN so I'm not sure what has caused this issue.

If you can't get it to recognise your PIN, you can download Xperia companion from the Sony website.

This will allow you to factory reset the phone, using the Software Repair function, so you can set it up as new.

Unfortunately you will lose any data that you haven't backed up.

Please let us know if you need any help and we can walk you through the process.

Thanks

James

1 REPLY
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution
Accepted by Richard_C (EE Community Support Team)
Tuesday

Re: My Sony xperia xa has updated. It has locked me out, doesn't recognise my pi

Hi @Marcusm,

Welcome to the EE Community.

The software update won't have changed your PIN so I'm not sure what has caused this issue.

If you can't get it to recognise your PIN, you can download Xperia companion from the Sony website.

This will allow you to factory reset the phone, using the Software Repair function, so you can set it up as new.

Unfortunately you will lose any data that you haven't backed up.

Please let us know if you need any help and we can walk you through the process.

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.