by oo2405 Investigator
Investigator

wierd message situation

I got a message from a number of a person that says that she did not send it, and that message does not show up on her itemized billing. Can anyone tell me how is this possible?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: wierd message situation

@oo2405  Her number has been spoofed by a messaging app.   

by oo2405 Investigator
Investigator

Being aware of the content of the message makes all sense that would be the person sending the message. Can the person erase the message from the billing without spoofed the number?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @oo2405.

Welcome to the community.

What network is the other person with?

Was it a standard text message?

Jon

by oo2405 Investigator
Investigator

the other person as ee as well and a standard message is a message that doesn't come from any app like WhatsApp or messenger

by

Thanks @oo2405.

There isn't any way to delete one specific item from your itemised bill on EE.

Has anyone else that you know of reported problems with this other persons number?

Jon

by oo2405 Investigator
Investigator

no

by

Ok @oo2405.

It's possible that @Chris_B's suggestion will be your answer.

If you'd like further information, I'd recommend both of you contacting our Mobile Care team to try and get to the bottom of this.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you sure she is paying for itemised billing? If she isn't then sending an ordinary SMS will not appear on her bill anyway.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.