by Trinity1
Explorer

texting from the uk to the eu

I have been texting my friend who has a uk number but in the eu for over a week and today I’ve been told it’s 55p per text - it says no extra charges on my bill and my plan says ‘ unlimited texts in the uk and when in the eu’ does this mean it is free for me to send texts to him in Bulgaria ( eu) 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: texting from the uk to the eu

Hi @Trinity1 

If you are texting another UK mobile number in the EU, then the text comes out of your allowance as normal. It doesn't cost you any more unless you text an emojis.

I would also say that if your friend is near the southern border then they might pick up a Turkish network.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: texting from the uk to the eu

Hi @Trinity1 

If you are texting another UK mobile number in the EU, then the text comes out of your allowance as normal. It doesn't cost you any more unless you text an emojis.

I would also say that if your friend is near the southern border then they might pick up a Turkish network.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.