Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms from 249

peterhw
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

Not sure if the right forum but a general question.

Have been a Broadband user for sometime

I do not use EE for mobile

I just took possession of a TV EE Box

EE sent me 2 SMS messages (survey) from # 249 "Hello from EE. We'd love to get your feedbac.........." but if I try and reply to #249 I just get an error.

Not a major problem but can't figure out why EE makes a request for a reply to what appears to be a NON valid #

11 REPLIES 11
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @peterhw

Thanks so much for reporting this 🙂

Was this a survey after speaking to one of our team?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hi, 

I did speaak to someone I believe because of the very mixed messages I was getting about my revised service and delivery of the EE TV Box.  The box turned up sooner than originally stated.  I installed the box and was 'up & running' very quickly.

Then I got the SMS messages - 2 and both from #249.   

The point was not so much the content or the originator but rather sending a request to participate.

Message 1

Hello from EE. We'd love to get your feedback on your recent delivery experience. We're sending you a short survey, all texts are FREE! To opt-out, please reply with STOP.

Message 2

Overall, how satisfied were you with the delivery of your equipment? Please score between 0 (very dissatisfied) and 10 (extremely satisfied).

Both timed @ 17:25 - 7th June and both from 249 

I tried to reply as requested (and as stated previously) and got an error message. Just tried again and failed.

As previously stated why send a message requesting a response to a number that fails to respond?  If there is an obvious solution / answer then be pleased to know.  Can't believe I am the only person having encountered such an apparently pointless sms message

Katie_B

Hi @peterhw

Thanks for confirming this. 

I do apologies that your response has failed. 

I can't provide you an answer as to why this has failed as of yet, but I will absolutely feed this back to the relevant team.  

Katie 🙂

Hello,

I get the same trying to reply to a request for feedback on broadband setup. Standard text messaging app on a modern Android phone.

On pressing send, it says: "Message not sent. Phone number formatted incorrectly".

Cheers.

Me too. I've just had EE broadband and a message asking to rate from 0 to 10  but when I try and reply I get error.....very odd. I've checked my phone settings and all OK...

Katie_B

Hi @Fransam11

Thanks for coming to the community and reporting this. 

Are you connected to WiFi when sending this message?

Since your post last night has the message sent successfully?

Katie 🙂

dottymum2day
Visitor

I have just received the same 2 texts from 249. I have not been in touch with EE since December of last year and so i rung customer services and he thought it VERY odd as they do not use that number for feedback. I was told to BLOCK 249 and delete the messages. 

Hi @dottymum2day 

Can you post the exact text message that you received from 249? Please obscure any identifiable details but include any links.

Messages from 249 are usually genuine from EE.

I got this but I never press links from numbers I don't know 

Thank you for using your phone on the EE network recently. We'll text you shortly for some feedback about your recent network experience. All texts are FREE. To opt-out, please reply with STOP.

How likely are you to recommend EE based on the quality of your experience when using the network in the last month? From 0 (unlikely) to 10 (highly likely).

Thanks Dan