Highlighted
by Shar07 Investigator
Investigator

sending messages

Does it cost to send emojis to phones that are not iPhone ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: sending messages

Hi @Shar07 

Yes. You should read EE guide post, and read the T&C so understanding what costs you will be charged. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
8 REPLIES 8
by Shar07 Investigator
Investigator

I currently have an iPhone and am sim only on EE , does it cost to use emojis se

Does it cost to send emojis to phones that are not iPhone ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @Shar07 

Yes. You should read EE guide post, and read the T&C so understanding what costs you will be charged. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, they are sent as MMS which are not included in your text allowance. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Shar07  

If you have an older phone, have downloaded a new keyboard app, or if the settings on your phone are set up in a certain way, your phone may covert a text message with an Emoji into a picture message, which maybe chargeable.

You can find full information our detailed 'Will I get charged for sending Emoji/Emoticon/Bitmoji on EE' community help page.

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

by fredphoesh Investigator
Investigator

By the end of this month, Google will come to our rescue. EE have been greedy and have refused to support RCS which will allow you to send photos, video, emojis etc for free. So ignore what EE says on the issue, they are probably really embarrassed to be so small, backwards and greedy. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

No need to spam the forum with this rubbish it was happening because of google. They ain't coming to our rescue as you say. They allowed it to happen by allowing networks to interfere. Apple dont.

Google are not the innocent party here but it's too late for RCS. WhatsApp has that crown I dont see them losing their dominance.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@fredphoesh  is even spamming my PM Inbox with this rubbish I'm not interested in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

He hasnt got to me yet but guess he will @XRaySpeX 

If he does I'll be reporting and blocking 👍

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.