by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

@Jon_K: The feedback was that it worked by enabling other firms' marketing texts in general. I don't believe that.

1. How can EE enable other firms' marketing texts? They have no control over them.
  2. If it is just EE's own marketing texts, which EE do have control over, how can that affect receiving texts from other firms? 

This whole "solution" does not make sense! Something else is happening in the background like registering the port properly all over the networks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Quite possibly @XRaySpeX!

We are feeding back examples we see on the community as this appears to be account specific depending on where a customer ported from.

The verification texts appear to be blocked on the EE system. 

When we enable marketing texts, this allows customers to receive texts from other companies.

I'm sure @maionline will let us know if this fix works for them too.

Jon

by Ahardie444 Investigator
Investigator

Read my post.  “Are you sure” - what that I posted correctly what I was told???? I am not the tech expert, I just posted what EE told me.  It is not (and I never suggested it was) anything to do  with EE marketing texts. Read the posts properly.

Yor account can be set to allow or not allow OTHER COMPANIES marketing texts and it appears in the porting process that can get blocked.  EE have confirmed this in a PM to me.

Please don’t bother replying to this and wasting more of my time by not reading posts properly. Speak to EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ahardie444: What post? I don't see you've ever mentioned marketing texts until now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by MrGimper Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm having the same issue with Lloyds SMS verifications for Apple Pay. It's being looked at for me currently and I expect a response back in 24 hours. I'll keep you posted.

by maionline Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve spoke to them on live chat and they said they changed something and refreshed the network settings. He said it would take up to 24hrs to refresh.

just tried the banking stuff and it’s still not coming through. Fingers crossed something happens

by TravellingMan

I'm having the same issue with the Barclaycard app and Google pay.  

I've been with EE for years and have recenty changed handset from an iPhone 5S to a Huawei P20 Lite

Barclaycard app was working fine on iPhone and all authorisation texts received - not so with new handset.  

Didn't have Google Pay on iPhone

Can you suggest anything?

Established Contributor

I've just had a call back to give me the result of the investigation regarding verification texts and in fact any texts from Lloyds not coming thru to my number ported from O2. Was told it's because of EE's security measures and are blaming the bank.

This is very disappointing to hear, especially as I now have concerns that other text messages may not be delivered. I do not want EE to decide what I should and should not receive. This is the first dent in an otherwise pleasurable experience and is now making me wonder if I made the right choice moving over. Even more so as it appears that this issue has been around for 18 month or so from various threads I've read 😞

by

Hi @TravellingMan (welcome to the community) and @MrGimper

It seems like both of these issues are slightly different to the issue detailed on this thread.

@TravellingMan - Yours sounds like it is more to do with the Barclays app as opposed to verification texts only (as they've worked previously for you). I recommend speaking to Barclays directly about this.

@MrGimper - I believe @Jon_K has messaged you seperately regarding your problem.

Chris

Established Contributor

Hi @Christopher_G@Jon_K did indeed contact me directly, and as I was reading that message at around 14:07 I had an influx of SMS messages from Lloyds Bank including Apple Pay verification and other information. So it seems that "something" has happened. I've since added a card to Apple Pay and the SMS was receieved promptly and all is well with the world again...

Many thanks! 

by

That's brilliant, @MrGimper.

I'm glad you're sorted, thanks for coming back to let us all know. 🙂

Chris

by maionline Contributor
Contributor

Is someone able to contact me to sort this as i spoke with EE on live chat yesterday and nothing has changed

by

Hi @maionline

Welcome to the community, I'll do my best to help.

Which problem is yours the same as?

Thanks

Chris

by maionline Contributor
Contributor

I just don’t receive one time verification codes from halifax and hsbc after the port.

ive just been on live chat and he said that marketing preferences was inactive so he changed it to active and said it will take Upto 24hrs to change. 

Not sure if that’s what was done to others to get the msgs to come through

by

That's been known as the fix for others, @maionline.

Please give it the 24 hours and let us know if this fixes the problem.

Fingers crossed it's sorted soon.

Chris

by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

Is there an answer to this problem? I transferred from O2 to EE and I can’t get any verification texts from Barclays or first direct. I feel completely disconnected from my finances on the go and I’ve lost all contact with my Pingit account with money in that I need to access and can’t until this bloody text comes through 🙄

my phone is otherwise accepting and sending texts. I have turned the bloody thing off and on a thousand times, i e deleted and redone loaded apps, I’ve waited 24 hours for locks to be lifted off my account, I’ve spent countless hours on the phone to both banks and several phone calls to EE. And still haven’t got any further on. I need access to my bank accounts!!! 

Im now feeling moving to EE might have been a huge mistake 😬😬

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I’m getting desperate! 

by maionline Contributor
Contributor

Nothing has changed. Are you able to look at the account for me please

by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

When I’ve spoken to EE they gave me the impression I was the only person who’d ever had this problem but looking at this forum I can see lots of people have experienced the same problem for quite some time. 

Het it sorted EE 

by
EE Community Team

Hi @maionline,

We don't have account access here on the community.

If you get in touch with our service team, they will be able to investigate this further for you.

Alex

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Leegion,

Did they resolve the issue for you when you called?

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions