by
EE Community Support Team

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

Hi and welcome to the community, @jcbburdon.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by leew Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris

Very disappointed to report that I’ve not had any follow up on this at all. After taking this offline, I was promised a call on Monday. This didn’t happen. Nothing today either. Messaged to chase this, and still nothing? 

I’m trying to remain patient, however this is testing my resolve. Expectations aren’t being managed, solutions aren’t being presented, and the switch from 02 to EE is feeling a poor choice, and mistake.

Just off the back of the previous message, I've also tried Uber, and having similar difficulty.

Thanks,

Lee

by DF159 Investigator
Investigator

Lee,

We are in the same boat. I have been passed around back and forth between various people within EE, asked to collect various data points regarding companies I was trying to get verification codes from, times, locations, etc and have had four people tell me they would call me back and not heard anything. 

I have decided to cancel my contract and go back to O2 as I am still in the 14 day cooling off period. 

Every time I talk to an EE agent they make it seem like it is the other sending companies’ systems that are at fault but that doesn’t make sense when it is several different companies including Uber, WhatsApp, Barclays, and SendinBlue. 

EE - very disappointed. 

DF

by covertconvert
Explorer

Has anyone had any luck solving this yet? I ported my number from o2 last week but I can’t receive Barclays verification text messages!!

Its really annoying!!

by

Hi @covertconvert,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you reported this issue with technical support?

Thanks

James

by Lewygee Investigator
Investigator

How about this, a quick search of this forum reveals that I am not the only one who has transferred from o2 to EE (porting my old number) and am now completely unable to receive any verification messages.

Im unable to retrieve my Halifax banking details and also BT sport verification pin code. 

I ported across on Tuesday and have have numerous conversations with EE to no avail. 

I am am seriously frustrated and considering returning to 02 as the customer service on this issue leaves a lot to be desired.

regards

Lewis

by

Hi @Lewygee

Welcome to the community. 

I'm sure we'll be able to sort it out. 🙂

Chris

by oonahook
Visitor

Hi there, 

I have just transferred over from O2 to EE and can't receive verification codes from Barclays or Barclaycard. I have called Barclays numerous times, deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times and I still can't receive the verification code. PLEASE can someone help me as it's terribly frustrating. I am thinking of leaving during my 'cool off' period. 

Thanks!

by covertconvert
Explorer

Call EE. I had the same issue and was put through to second level technical support who made some changes their end and also asked me to check settings>phone>my number. Make sure your number is shown in there without the “+44”. Together that resolved everything for me!

by

Hi @oonahook 

Our customer service team will be able to help you with that.

I've sent you a private message to get a little more information from you.

Chris

by

Thanks for sharing your solution, @covertconvert.

I'm sure this will help others who have a similar problem.

As a thank you, I'd love to give you a spot prize from the community team. 🙂

Please take a look at your inbox and get back to me.

Chris 🙂

by MM404 Investigator
Investigator

Hello -- Is there a solution to this problem?  I'm also not receiving SMS Verification Codes after having moved from O2 to EE.  I contacted EE Support yesterday who advised me to backup my phone with Samsung Switch and then do a complete factory reset.  I did this, big mistake, not only it did NOT resolve the problem, but I lost loads of data.  It appears this problem is specific to EE SIM cards (search EE not receiving SMS Verification Codes).  The problem is obviously to do with the "temporary" phone number on the SIM card can not be changed.  It appears (in Android) in Settings > About Phone > My Phone Number, it's the SIM Card number, NOT the actual phone number that I ported from O2 and that I'm otherwise using to make phone calls and send/receive SMS messages.  It's just the SMS Verification Codes that I'm not receiving.  The installed Apps are seeing the "temporary" SIM Card number which is not in use -- see attached screen shot below.  From reading this forum thread and others, there does not appear to be any solution, but if there is, please let me know ASAP as I am still within the 14 days "cooling off" period!

Screenshot_20180809-212335.png

by

Hi there @MM404

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I would like to help you with this. 

To do this I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.  

Leanne. 

by ourlils
Visitor

@MM404 Hi. Did you manage to get this resolved? I have just ported and having the same problem! Nightmare!

by

Hello there @ourlils

Thanks for coming to the community.

To help you I have sent you a private message on here.

If you can get back to me we will see what we can do to help 🙂

Leanne.

by MM404 Investigator
Investigator

Hello ourlils -- No, still not resolved, I'm waiting for EE "level 2" support to phone me back this morning and will post the result here.

by stevenf1982
Visitor

I have the same problem with Santander, Barclays and the BT Sport code.  I also transferred from O2 (last friday). I am in the 14 cooling day period, and will be cancelling on Friday if this issue is not resolved.

Level 2 have advised me that the are rejecting the messages as they are a threat and they said speak to the banks. I have spoken to them, and its not their issue.  EE need to sort the secruity or recognise the numbers.

The fact that I wasn an O2 customer for 16 years, without one issue - shows the level of how good they actually are.  EE have caused me more stressed in the last fews and a small loss in income to my business, as I am not able use mobile banking.

For me clearly its an EE issue

by MM404 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Steven

Yes, all exactly same experience as what I had when moving from O2 to EE.  I also had same business need for receiving SMS Verification Codes. Level 2 Support acknowledged the problem and that it had been escalated to a higher level, but were unable to provide a resolution time frame.  I requested my PAC code which they very kindly provided (I was still within 14 days cooling off).  I waited a coupled days and still wasn't receiving SMS Verification Codes (although I eventually received some many hours later and some a day later but these were all expired).  I've now left EE and gone to another network, and I'm receiving SMS Verification Codes all okay.

BTW, as a note to any other users experiencing this same problem, do NOT do a factory reset on your device, it will NOT resolve the problem!  I was advised to do this in the first instance by EE Support, I did the backup and factory reset, and ended up loosing loads of data!  I lost all data on my SD card.  Complete nightmare!

by MM404 Investigator
Investigator

Just to clarify, I did the backup, then factory reset, then restored the backup.  This does NOT resolve the problem, and the backup restore process does NOT restore all data, as some is somehow encrypted and cannot be backed-up and restored...

by

Hi @stevenf1982.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.