by msquared
Explorer

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

I spoke to Orange Corporate tech support (as we still have an Orange business account) this morning, they explained that security settings had been implemented nearly 6 months ago to prevent text spam and had requested that banks make some changes on their side to ensure continuity of service to their customers. He sent me an email with the settings that Barclays need to implement. So eventually got thro to Barclays tech support they eventually managed to send me the code via text, they were fully aware of the issue with EE customers but the person I spoke to was not so aware of the security changes which I emailed to him. However I'm not convinced this won't happen again. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, yes! So it was never the marketing preferences, neither for EE's marketing or that of other firms, that was much bandied around as the reason for this, but spam filters that EE had introduced at their SMS gateways.

Much as I thought :)!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

I'm glad you got to the bottom of this @msquared!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us 🙂

Jon

by johnny_green
Explorer

Hi Chris

I'm also having this same problem.....super frustrating. Online chat seem unable to help. Are you able to help me?

Thanks

John

by

Hi @johnny_green.

Welcome to the community 🙂

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you. 

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

Highlighted
by Mazza97

Still seems this is a problem, I'm not getting verification emails from either of my Banks (Barclays or First Direct) is there not an option in my business profile where I can try the marketing txt thing manually before I spend to long of my life on the phone to customer services.

by

Hi @Mazza97,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Sorry, it's not possible to change your marketing preferences via My EE.

You can chat with technical support via our get in touch page. They'll be happy to help.

Thanks

James

by Rachelrebecca
Visitor

I've read through this whole thread and tried most of the suggestions.

I've been with EE since 2015 but have just changed phones from Galaxy S8 to an S9 and now I can't receive the Barclays verifictaion message.

I've called Barcalys and they can see that the messages have been sent and they said it's EE's problem. I been into 2 EE stores - the first was more interested in selling me a new package. The second said they've never heard of this and it might be because the barclays pay app doesn't work on android??

Can you help. I need the app for buisness!!!

by MrGimper Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

My issue was resolved by contacting Customer Services over the phone and asking for the Marketing messages to be unblocked. It is well-known now that it is EE's SMS spam blocking that is causing the messages to be blocked. Asking for this block to be removed, referred to as allowing marketing messages, will enabled you to receive the SMS verification messages. It may take 24/48 hours for it to kick in, so once you have spoken to CS and had confimation of the change, you will need to just be a little bit more patient, and then you will suddently get all the messages that have backed up in the queue.

Hope that helps

by johnny_green
Explorer

EE customer service did something’s there end and after about a week things came right. It is definitely to do with EE and no one else.

Good luck.
by Parsley04
Explorer

Did you ever get this fixed? 

I have tried turning off iMessage, I have tried to amend my phone number on the settings, still nothing. 

Any help would be great 🙂 

by

Good Morning @Parsley04.

Welcome to the community 

Are you having a problem receiving verification codes?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Parsley04
Explorer

Hi @Katie_B 

yes for for some reason I can’t receive them, but I’m getting concerned in case I miss my payments 😩 

thanks, Lauren 

by

Totally understandable @Parsley04.

I would recommend giving our technical care team a call, they will be able to look into this further for you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, 

Katie 🙂

by Holljc Investigator
Investigator

Hi, did anyone get a solution to this?

I just moved to EE and am having the same problem not receiving OTP texts. From my bank and other companies too. I've been told no one can help me, and everyone is blaming someone else. If someone has had a situation where this has been solved I'd love to know. 

by Leegion Contributor
Contributor

It is EE that is the problem. I spent ages being passed backwards and forward between EE and financial institutions to try and get this sorted

Phone EE and ask them to allow ALL marketing and any other “helpful” barring service they have with your number. They give you a scary warning about having unsolicited calls but ignore them and have them all removed. Then within 24 hours you should start getting your texts. 

Im yet to receive anything unsolicited but I do have contact with my bank.     

Good luck 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.