Highlighted
by Mycatsarelush Investigator
Investigator

not receiving barclays verification code

Hello

I have just moved from 02 to EE however I am not receiving my barclays mobile banking verfication code.  I have phoned barclays who stated that it was a network issue but when I called EE they were unable to help me and told me to look at my settings.

I have checked all I can think of in my setting but it is still not coming through.  Can any one help me... I don't know what to do

thanks in advance

115 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

@Mycatsarelush Can you send yourself a text message?  

Investigator

good morning.  yes I can and I have also received the relevant verification codes for my other apps such as google and whatsapp.  I have also received texts from my friends

Thanks for answering

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mycatsarelush  Does the sender have your number correct as you can receive text messages.   

Investigator

yes they do as I not only have the same number and registered it again with the app, on the phone I also gave them the number and they sent me a text via that way.  I am at a quandary

Investigator

they stated that they sent it but once again it did not come through.  Barclays claim it is a network issue but the EE person I spoke to did not know how to resolve it and stated that maybe I had it on block.. which I checked on my settings and it is not on blocked..

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mycatsarelush  As you can receive text messages not just from your contacts but also verification text from WhatsApp then the issue has to with the sender and not EE. 

Investigator

ok thanks I will call barclays once again and see what they say

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you know the shortcode no. Barclays are sending it from?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by mthiv88 Investigator
Investigator

Did you ever get this resolved? I have exactly the same problem and have had the same responses from EE and Barclays. Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mthiv88

Thanks for coming to community Smiley Happy

Have you recently changed numbers or handsets?

Have you previously been able to get text from Barclays?

Richard

Smiley Happy

by mthiv88 Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I've recently moved from O2 top EE and the handset had changed from S7 to S9. Cheers

by

Thanks for confirming that, @mthiv88.

I've sent you a private message to get a bit more information from you.

Please have a look and reply to me.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Chris

by LStar
Explorer

Hi Phil,

I’ve managed to get the Barclays Mobile Banking App working on my phone now.

Essentially I had to call Barclays and ask them to transfer me to someone in the Mobile Banking Department. There was a lot of reluctance from the person I was dealing with to help and he kept asking me to wait 24 hours to see if the verification would come through.

I refused to wait 24 hours as the individual that I spoke to prior had asked me to this when I spoke to him a week before yet I had still not received the verification code via text.

Long story short, the person I spoke to yesterday escalated my issue to ‘level 2’ as he put it and after being on hold on the phone for about 25 mins and for about 1 hour in total, he verbally disclosed my verification code which allowed me to then enter it on to the app. It has been working fine ever since.

This still doesn’t answer why many people who’ve moved from 02 to EE can’t receive verification codes for the Barclays Mobile Banking App but at least there appears to be some sort of contingency. (well in my experience)

Best of luck,

L

Sent from my iPhone
by Phil19851 Investigator
Investigator

That's great I'll try again tomorrow.
Thanks
Phil

Get Outlook for Android
by LStar
Explorer

Hi, 

Did you manage to get this sorted? If so how?

I’m experiencing the exact same problem. I moved from 02 to EE and decided to keep my old number and now regret switching network.

kind regards,

by

Hi @LStar

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I can get you some help with that.

I've sent you a private message, please reply to it with the information that I need.

Thank you.

Chris Smiley Happy

by mthiv88 Investigator
Investigator

Hi - yes I did. EE customer service team should be able to help. From what they explained - it was an issue with o2 not porting over all of the files correctly. Took them 24 hours to solve.

by Phil19851 Investigator
Investigator

Hi I've got the same problem I've swapped from O2 to EE  I've spoke to EE and barclays but neither can help. How did you sort it.

Thanks

Phil

by
EE Employee

Hi @Phil19851 and welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our customer services team to make sure the port went through correctly?

What are the first 5 digits of your mobile number?

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.