by Wilkesy91 Contributor
Contributor

not receiving Internet Banking verification/access code after network switch.

Hello

I recently switched from o2 to EE and now I do not receive the verifaction code to help setup internet banking on my new device, can someone shed some light on how to actually receive the texts?

cheers.

42 REPLIES 42
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: not receiving Internet Banking verification/access code after network switch

Yes, there are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: not receiving Internet Banking verification/access code after network switch

Hi @Wilkesy91

If you have an IPhone try turning off iMessage and trying again.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Wilkesy91 Contributor
Contributor

I have an Hauwei P20 Pro

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Wilkesy91

Welcome to the community. 🙂

We've found from reports from other users that this resolves itself after around 1 week after port.

I've sent you a private message to get you some more information a bit quicker than that.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by Wilkesy91 Contributor
Contributor

its such a farse, I have been in three live chats that can confirm my marketing preferences have been changed so I should receive them but still nothing I'll give another three days because I have read it can take upto 36 hours to take effect but other than that I haven't a clue on what to do. Its like EE dont want to help resolve this known problem so they fob it off and leave the customer with the issue

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Wilkesy91  Once the bank stops trying to send the message via the O2 gateway the message will come through.  This is not EE stopping this it’s the bank and how they send messages.  Their systems will update on the own accord and there is nothing that EE can do to resolve this as it’s the banks automated system on how it sends the message that ls at fault.  It will correct itself on its own and nothing can be done unless you actually speak to someone within the bank and they have fully knowledge on how it works and unfortunately not many do. 

by Wilkesy91 Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B I work for the bank that I am talking about and its nothing to do with the bank. there are tons of threads with the same problem its obviously a network that may rectify itself in the long run. If it is a known issue with the network port over why aren't things getting looked in to quicker, so this isn't happening daily occurrence to numberous customers?

Check other threads below, it is an EE error.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Banks don't send via O2 Gateways; they simply send to customers' mobile nos. & wouldn't necessarily even know what network the customer is on to work out which Gateway is theirs. It's the SMS system itself that works out which Gateways to route by.

I would agree that the O2/EE Gateways are at the bottom of this but not at the hands of the banks. It is clear that these ports have not been fully completed & the SMS system hasn't been told that the final target Gateway for these nos. should be moved from O2's to EE's Gateway due to the switch in network ownership of these nos.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Hannah210
Visitor

I have exactly this problem after porting number from o2 to EE, I am not receiving verification txt from Santander, capital one, NatWest, Amazon. It there something I can do to resolve this? I have tried turning off iMessage and and back on, turned phone off and on, ......some of the threads seem to indicate that you just have to wait and it will sort it’s self out- I need the codes to come through now as I can do any bank transfers etc. How long it this going to take to resolve???? And what can you do to fix it? I have spoken to the companies they have confirmed the messages are being sent.

by

Hi @Hannah210

Welcome to the community and thanks for moving to EE. 🙂

The problem does sort itself out after a few days usually, but, I know how important these messages are.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by corrigan1604 Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Did this get resolved? I have the same issue - I have moved to EE from 02 and I haven't received any automatic text codes from Santander / Tesco since Monday when my number transferred over. Due to new regulations almost all online banking requires a code to be sent to your mobile phone, and being without it is proving to be difficult. I've been on several online chats with EE and on the phone to my bank who suggest everything is setup fine. I've been told to reset my phone about 10 times, take my SIM out / put it back in, reset my network settings, wait 24hrs, wait another 24hrs. It's a bit of a let down really and makes you question whether moving over was the best thing to do (which is a shame). It might be worth finding a fix for this as it's clearly a reoccurring issue when switching between networks.

Thanks,

Claire

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@corrigan1604  Even once your number has fully ported over to EE(doesn't matter how long ago that was ) the calls and texts will still route via the originating network all be it within a teeny fraction of a second. It’ll probably be routing files have become corrupt at the originating network's end. EE have to raise support tickets to the network you have ported from to ensure that nothing has happened to the routing files and so they can fix any errors that might have occurred.   You need to call customer services to they can raise this with your old network to correct. 

Contributor

Thanks Chris - Appreciate you coming back on this. I'll give them a bell.

by

Good Morning @corrigan1604.

Welcome to the community.

Let us know how you get on after contacting our Tech care team 🙂

Jon

Contributor

No resolution unfortunately 😞

by

Hi @corrigan1604.

Did our Tech Care team raise an investigation ticket for you?

Jon

by Hamish721 Investigator
Investigator

Same scenario here. I ported from O2 to EE on Monday. Since then no varification texts from either business or personal banks. I am totally locked out of both because of this and with salaries to pay next week, the situation is really serious for my business. 

I have been on to both the banks and EE. All of them pointing at each other. EE tech support just shrugged me off so I went to the local EE store. The chap who tried to help even had the same bank app working on his EE account. But couldn't tell me why.

More shoulder shrugging. 

I'm at a loss to how to proceed other than changing network again.

I'm on a new pixel 3a if that's useful

Contributor

So... I've been battling with this and it's not good news I'm afraid.

I was chatting with someone from the complaints team and they eventually advised me that the issue is due to GDPR regs that are due to be enforced by 2020. EE decided to update their systems earlier than needed and faced an issue whereby automated banking texts weren't reaching the customer (us). They tried to revert the change and were told they were unable to.... long story short, the complaints handler actually told me the best option for me would to be to go back to 02.

I'm getting texts through from NatWest, but not for Santander or Tesco Online Banking, so I am thinking about just using NatWest until it's resolved - however it doesn't disguise the fact that this is an awful customer experience for lots of people changing tariffs and moving over to EE.

Sorry it's not a more positive response, but I hope it helps.

by

Good Morning @Hamish721 and @corrigan1604.

The best steps to take would be to contact our Tech Gurus who will be able to get this logged for you and raise an investigation ticket.

This will be the fastest way to come to a resolution. Our Tech Gurus will only ask you to contact the bank if it is necessary.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions