cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is text saying click on https://ee.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk from EE or spam?

Hippy-Chick
Explorer

is text saying click on https://ee.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk from EE or spam?

Tis message was sent from my son's mobile to me, without his knowledge so it makes me think it is not legit. I also received a password, but have not tried this, as my son has no knowledge of this message and did not try to send me a picture or video. I do have mms enabled on my phone. Is it spam?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's from EE. It should mean someone has sent you a picture msg but sometimes it has a glitch where it sends a text to you when nobody has sent you anything.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's from EE. It should mean someone has sent you a picture msg but sometimes it has a glitch where it sends a text to you when nobody has sent you anything.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Hippy-Chick.

Welcome to the community.

If you contact our Tech Gurus they will be able to let you know if you have an MMS message and also provide you with a password to access it if you do.

Jon

Hippy-Chick
Explorer

Weird why it had done this as previously I had received the picture message. Never had this before. Found ee on Twitter was very very quick to respond and Ee community helpful am impressed with ee thanks !😀

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

You answered this question in August of 2019, but I've just received my second suspicious text with this link (the other one was about a month ago).  Is this still a "glitch" problem on EE's network?  It doesn't instil a lot of confidence in their security.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Spuggiehawk

Welcome to the EE Community.

Post edited: This is a message from EE. If you don't have picture messages set up on your device you will receive a text message from us to let you know how to view this and you will get a password to use.

You can find more details in our Sending and Receiving Picture Messages on EE, article. 

If you do receive a message claiming to be from EE asking for PIN or Password, and you're not 100 % sure it's genuine, please send it to phishing@ee.co.uk for email or 7726 for texts, this will be looked into.

For more details, please see our Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it post.

Thanks. 

Leanne.

But, @Leanne_T, EE does send users legitimate texts asking them to click on the link https://ee.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk/

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Apologies @XRaySpeX @Spuggiehawk

This is correct if you don't have picture messages set up on your device you will receive a text message from us to let you know how to view this. 

You can find more details in our Sending and Receiving Picture Messages on EE, article. 

I have edited my post to the correct information as well 🙂

Thanks @XRaySpeX

I’ve just received one of these text messages, never had one in my life. Strangely it was from my wife, who was sat opposite me at the time. She hadn’t sent me anything, I checked her phone too, and nothing sent. Where has this message come from then?