by AmaanAkh Contributor
Contributor

iPhone not Sending SMS Texts

Hello EE Community! I Recently bought a new EE Sim and transferred my giffgaff number, ever since I am unable to send SMS Texts, I can receive them, call and iMessage perfectly fine but have never been able to send a text.

I Am using a iPhone 6 iOS 12.2

I Have tried accessing SMSC (message centre) by dialing *#5005*7672# but a "please wait" grey screen comes up for a split second and disappears!, I have tried turning airplane mode on/off and also have tried turning SMS on/off along with iMessage but nothing works! and signal is fine when calling etc.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: iPhone not Sending SMS Texts

Hi @AmaanAkh

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Leanne 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Silly question but have yo tried turning your iPhone off completely and then back on again as that often helps?

Failing that try a network reset but going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings and then follow the prompts.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

For sending texts, check your phone has the Message Centre no. for EE as +447958879879.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

You cannot change or even access the SMS message centre number setting on any iPhone.

by AmaanAkh Contributor
Contributor

Have tried those steps

by AmaanAkh Contributor
Contributor

how can I change/check my message centre number when I try to dial the code in the dialpad I get a grey screen with the message "please wait" and It disappears.

Highlighted
by AmaanAkh Contributor
Contributor

You can bud it just won't work on my phone.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AmaanAkh   With EE you can not access the message centre number and with you saying you can your device is still setup for GiffGaff, you need to go to settings>General>Profile and delete any profiles that are there.  Once deleted you need to restart the device. 

by AmaanAkh Contributor
Contributor

no profiles, I called apple see if they could help, A supervisor tried helping in everyway possible and his conclusion was it was a faulty sim/contact the carrier. when I try to call 150 It's funny how they ask "to call customer service you need a balance of 0.25p" when I have a £10 pack that starts in 3 days yet I can't text to 150 to start my pack early since my texts don't send.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling customer Services on +44 800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) . It might not charge.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AmaanAkh   When did you put this sim in ? Have you tried restarting the device? 

by

Morning @AmaanAkh

Thanks for coming to the community.

Do you get an error message when you try and send a text message?

Leanne 🙂

by AmaanAkh Contributor
Contributor

It will say “not delivered” tap to retry called apple he checked everything and said it’s definitely something with the sim/carrier i do have unlimited texts and have tried everything!

by
Solution

Hi @AmaanAkh

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Leanne 🙂

View solution in original post

by AmaanAkh Contributor
Contributor

tried restarting, and I put the sim in 2 months ago and used my PAC Code from giffgaff to keep my number

by Kyle_16

I’ve got the same problem could you help me out I’m on 6s plus and iOS 12.4

by

Good Morning @Kyle_16

Welcome to the community.

Can you try the below steps and let me know how you get on?

Go to Settings >General > Profile and delete any profiles that are showing.

Then can you go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This will remove all saved WiFi passwords.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.