by matt8000 Investigator
Investigator

fraud

Please beware a text scam is in operation from a group pretending to be EE.  The text will say that EE have been unable to process your payment and to update your details at the link below.  This is NOT EE but a scammer trying to get access to your money.  Do not fall for it.  In the meantime EE need to create a way to easily report these scams to them so they can have the websites taken down and prosecute the fraudsters. https://ee.update.ref089.com/account/index?ac=ee

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: fraud

EE has. Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

IYes, it's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created 2 days ago in Malaysia.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by matt8000 Investigator
Investigator

In this case the scam was sent to someone who wasn't with EE.

I'm with EE but I didn't receive it the text.  EE need a way for anyone to report these.  In this case I contacted the abuse email address listed for the domain and they have contacted EE and advised it will be taken down within 48 hours.  I did report it to EE's generic email address but this needs a dedicated email address for people who prefer to report by email.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @matt8000

Thanks for coming here and making us aware.

You can forward the email to phishing@ee.co.uk.

We will be able to get this investigated.

Thanks.

Leanne.

by matt8000 Investigator
Investigator

Hi there.  I tried that address phishing@ee.co.uk and a reply told me my message had been blocked. As shown here: https://d.pr/i/BAwNXd

In the meantime it appears the site in question is currently receiving appropriate attention as it has been flagged. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know @matt8000

I will flag the response you received,

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions