by Abiramy13 Investigator
Investigator

Why is my phone not receiving texts from my contacts but receives texts from EE

For the last 4-5 days I have noticed that my phone is not receiving texts from my contacts but calls work normal, 2 days ago I moved to Belgium for my studies for a few months and I’m still not receiving texts from my contacts however I receive texts from EE prompting offers. I have no idea as to why my phone is not receiving texts. Is there a way for me to get my texts to come through? 

14 REPLIES 14
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why is my phone not receiving texts from my contacts but receives texts from

Hi @Abiramy13,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

Are they standard texts or iMessages?

James​​​​​​​

Highlighted
Investigator

Re: Why is my phone not receiving texts from my contacts but receives texts from

Hello,

They were standard messages that have not been coming through, I’m unsure why this is! 

by

Thanks for getting back to us, @Abiramy13.

Could you try selecting a different available network to see if this forces the messages through?:-

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
  • Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
  • Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Investigator

As I’m currently now two days into living in Belgium for half a year all the network are Belgian, but i wasn’t receiving text couple days before I even left England. So do you think if changed the carrier to a Belgian network it may still push the message through? 

by

Yes, it's definitely worth a try, @Abiramy13.

When in the UK, we'd recommend a manual network search to try and push these messages through to the phone. The benefit of you being abroad is that you will have a couple of different networks to choose from.

Please give it a try and let me know how you get on.

I take it your outgoing messages are working OK?

Thanks

Chris

Investigator

Yeah I will give this a try, and yeah my outgoing text are fine but it’s just I’m not getting the incoming texts 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Abiramy13

Please bear in mind all EE plans are for people who are UK customers and travel to other countries on a short-term basis, not for people spending extended amounts of time abroad.

What this means is that if you’re spending 60 out of 120 days in the UK then an EE plan, and it’s inclusive roaming benefits, will be great for you.

If you’re out of the country for longer than 60 days then this may not be the best option.

Speeds will vary depending on the local network you are using at the time.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

I was having trouble receiving my text even during my time in England and I understand that it doesn’t not help that I’m abroad for a long period of time but this should be no problem, a person should be able to send a standard message to my number, as long as the number is activated! I’m really bothered that all the text from EE offering promotional upgrades are coming through but not my standard messages, 

regards 

Abi 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Abiramy13

I will certainly try and help further.

What type of phone is it that you are using?

Did the manual network change help?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

I’m using an iPhone 8, and yeah but I’m still not receiving the texts that should have come through! 

Best Regards 

Abi 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Abiramy13

Please try sending a text message to yourself does this appear in the message conversation?

Many thanks,

Lee

by
EE Employee

Hi @Abiramy13

Please can I also get you to check the following:

Step 1: Go to Settings > Messages > Blocked and you will see the list of the blocked contacts on your iPhone.

Step 2: Click Add New and choose the contact you want to block text messages from. (To unblock the contact, swipe left across the contact and tap on Unblock.)

Let me know if any numbers have appeared in that list.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hello Lee, 

this has worked to some degree as a few  messages came through but not all, I’m hoping that I continue to receive atleast more recent text and hope that the previous once that have not arrived is just a glitch in the system as I have now got few of the more recent messages oppose to a few days before where I was not getting any texts messages coming through. 

Thank you 

by

I'm happy to hear your messages are starting to come through @Abiramy13

Please let us know if you have any more problems.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.