by Bubka
Explorer

Why can I not block an unwanted texts from a scammer on my I-phone?

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can I not block an unwanted texts from a scammer on my I-phone?

Hi @Bubka 

Please read Apple guide on blocking numbers.

Unfortunately it's not possible for EE to block these numbers, if they change as EE don't know the call is a spam call. 

You can register with the telephone preference service which might help.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Bubka
Explorer

Thanks for the response. I know how to block numbers but in this specific case when I go through the blocking process it just ignores the instruction - as if it can in some way override the attempted block. What you are saying is this is nothing to do with EE and relates to Apple - please confirm. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bubka , Are you sure they are all the same numbers, as spammers use different numbers to do so.

I am not sure how you expect EE to block numbers.

by Bubka
Explorer

It’s the same number and same message. Thank you for your help - I don’t know how YOU expect older people, who are not so technically knowledgable to understand whether the phone or the Contract provider blocks the unwanted calls. I will remember the tone of your response next time I look to change my phone/contract!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bubka , If your comment was aimed at me, then I am sorry, but actually I am of the older generation, although I do not see myself as old and many do not, this is why I actually said, I am not sure how you expect EE or any other network, for that matter to be able to block it. I have tried to give you an answer, you should be able to block it as per the link from @Northerner.

Have you made sure that the number is blocked? This does seem strange that the messages are still coming through. Why not just delete them, I know it is a pain, but I do not know what else you expect us to say.

Have you also registered with the telephone preference service? It may not block all calls and messages, but should help.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bubka , Have you also tried blocking this person or the number, by going into settings and then clicking on the app for Messages to see if it is there and if not try adding it? I have just had a look at my phone and you should be able to add it, the same with clicking on the phone app, if you so wish, hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions