by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why can't I get text messages from my bank

Hi @Acf.

Welcome to the community 🙂

A great workaround suggestion from @XRaySpeX!

To get this looked at further, I'd advise contacting our customer service team who will take a look at your account and get this fixed.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

santander otp codes

Hi, I have stopped receiving One Time Passcodes (OTP) from my bank, Santander. I have not recently changed anything, network, device or anything else. I have previously received these messages but now don't. I have contacted my bank and they confirm everything is in order at their end and the messages are showing as sent. A check online suggests that this is a recurrent issue but usually seems to affect people who have recently ported a number across from another network. I cannot tell when this change took place, it worked when I last used it, in September, but hasn't worked over the last few days. Phone is iphone 6s and is up to date. Any ideas?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: santander otp codes

@4lan   I had a similar issue awhile ago and I found out that I  accidentally selected the wrong phone number that the message was sent to from within the app.   What others are experiencing with changing networks is not the same issue that your having.  Nothing about your settings with EE or Santander have changed.  Other having this issue it was their bank trying to send the message via the customers old network gateway and this is not your issue.  

by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris, The phone number has been checked, and double checked, and it is definitely not that which is my issue. I have checked that I have not blocked the Bank's number from my call list. I have also read that EE are now somehow blocking 'sales and marketing messages' and that this is causing some people problems when receiving messages from 'short code numbers'. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @4lan

Try turning off iMessage. (Any text will go via EE SMS gateway rather than via Apple)

Also are you connected to WiFi calling or the 4G network? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by

Hi @4lan

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you spoken to our technical support team?

Leanne 🙂

by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

Hi Northerner,

I don't understand why, but turning iMessage off has allowed me to receive a raft of OTP codes that were sent. Thanks for the help. I received this type of message previously with iMessage on, wierd. Thanks for the help.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@4lan

Thanks for letting us know as this is a common problem. Messages via iMessage go via Apple so the bottleneck is with Apple. Don't forget if you send an emoji now to anyone you will be charged so maybe turn iMessage back on once you are done.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Wilkesy91 Contributor
Contributor

did this get solved?

by

Good Morning @Wilkesy91.

Have you contacted our technical support team about this?

The workaround is a great alternative for now, but our technical team will be able to access your account and check everything is set up correctly.

Jon

by mm84 Investigator
Investigator

I stopped receiving text messages

Hi,

I have recently moved from PAYG to Pay Monthly (my number was moved to a new SIM card on Saturday 27th Oct). Everything was working well, and I got the last SMS on Tuesday at 15:37. 

I can send texts, but I am not receiving them. It's very frustrating to not receive them as nothing can be done with online banking or any 2FA service used (and I use 10+ of them daily). 

I have tried changing the network manually as suggested (to O2 and back) and switching to airplane mode and back - nothing worked. Restarted the device several times as well. Device is Huawei Mate 20 Pro (new device delivered on 26th Oct).

What can be done to resolve this issue please?

EDIT: Just to add that I've been using EE for 3+ years now and never had this issue while on PAYG SIM card/number.

by

Re: I stopped receiving text messages

Hi @mm84

Thanks for coming to the community.

Do you get texts from other people, is this verification texts you are not receiving?

If you send a text to yourself, do you get this?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by mm84 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Leanne_T,

No, I can't receive messages from other people, and I've just tried texting myself, that didnt' work either (phone refuses to send a text to my number).

Thank you.

by

Hi @mm84

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can you receive calls?

Leanne.

by mm84 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Leanne_T,

I've just tested this, and no I can't receive calls either 😞 I didn't know I have this problem as well! The last call I got was on Tuesday at 10:17am.

by

Hi @mm84

Thanks for coming back to me.

I would give our technical support team a call on 150, they will be able to get this looked into for you.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by mm84 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Leanne_T,

Thank you for the information. I've called the support team, we've tried several things and there's no apparent issue or resolution for now, so I will be speaking to a second tier suppor team later today. 

I will post here once the issue has been resolved (and how it got resolved).

by

Hi @mm84

Thanks for the update 🙂

They will be doing everything they can to get this sorted for you.

Speak soon, Leanne.

by mm84 Investigator
Investigator

Ok, called again in Saturday morning, went straight to level 2 support. My account was "reset" while I was on the call. After restarting the phone I got all missing texts and I can now receive calls as well. So all resolved now. 

Thank you. 

by

Great news! @mm84.

Thank you for coming back and letting us know. 

Katie

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions