by Anna060885
Visitor

Transferred number days ago, but still not receiving all my txts

My number transfer from o2 to EE was completed about 3 days ago.  To get it working properly I turned off and turn on iMessaging and Facetime in settings and restarted the phone.  Calls and most texts are working now but not all of them.  I'm still not receiving messages from things like my online banking and other text notifications.  Any idea why is still not fully working yet?  Getting a bit frustrated that I can't set up some of my apps which require a code to be sent to me via txt message!

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Transferred number days ago, but still not receiving all my txts

Hello there @Anna060885

Welcome to the community and thanks for joining EE 🙂

I have sent you a private message for some details, hope to hear back from you soon.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

by Hughness
Explorer

Good evening, 

sorry to jump on this, but I’m having the same issue too. Just porter over to EE from O2, and no verification texts are making it over to me from e.g. Banks, online services, or BT Sport after trying to take advantage of the offer! 
Can anybody help?

Thank you, 

Hugh

by Clarejeff99
Visitor

I have just ported from o2 to EE today and having the same problem as everybody else and not receiving activation codes from multiple apps (mainly banking). I cannot wait 2 weeks for this to be fixed as is being suggested. Need fixed in next 24 hours otherwise will have to cancel contract while in cooling off period and take elsewhere

by GrantP123 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Hugh

It sorted itself out automatically within 4 days - ee need to make this a point on the change network details as it appears loads of people are struggling with it!

Keep faith and it wil resolve!

Sent from iphone
by DanWhitehouse
Visitor

Hi Leanne, can you help me with this problem. I have called EE and the person I spoke to said I have to contact my bank and tell them.to change marketing preferences is this right. I have bank accounts with HSBC and Sabadell (Spainish) and SMS codes never come through to my ee number and I've been with ee now since August. Any help to get this sorted would be appreciated.

by Hughness
Explorer

Update! 

Ok, so I got on the live chat with tech support last night and explained the issue. 

He removed any kind of blocking on marketing SMS - as this often includes OTP code messages. 

He advised it can take up to 24hrs, and to periodically restart the phone.

Long story short - went to bed, woke up this morning, restarted phone, and received a flood of OTP texts! 

Gave it an hour to make sure all was working, then reattempted the BT Sport PIN text - came through flawlessly, as did a SMS mini statement from my banking app that I had been waiting for. 

Well done Tech Team!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DanWhitehouse : No, you don't! Marketing preferences have nowt to do with it. Sending codes to verify transactions is not marketing!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DanWhitehouse,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I've sent you a private message.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.