Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Not receiving verification codes

Hello @ChrisAbs

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne 🙂

Highlighted
by

Im not receiving verification code from bank placed in Poland

Highlighted
by

Re: Im not receiving verification code from bank placed in Poland

Good Evening @Wojciech-.

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you ever been able to receive these confirmation texts?

Speak soon,

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Im not receiving verification code from bank placed in Poland

Have you recently ported in to EE, particularly from O2?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
Explorer

I am not receiving text messages from Amazon, Revolut or Paysera. Any advice?

Thank you for your help!!!

Highlighted
by

Re: I am not receiving text messages from Amazon, Revolut or Paysera. Any advice

Hi @kalendorija 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Have you recently ported your number from another network to EE?

What kind of phone do you have?

Chris

Highlighted
by
Visitor

Not receiving text messages

I’ve recently moved from o2 to EE and I’m not receiving all my text messages. Especially ones with verification codes but also messages from o2 numbers? 

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Re: I am not receiving text messages from Amazon, Revolut or Paysera. Any advice

Hello,

No, I have had my number with the same provider for a while now; it used to
work just fine. My phone is Nokia 5. Thanks!
Highlighted
by

Re: Not receiving text messages

Good Morning @Linz80

Thanks for coming to the community and welcome to EE 🙂

Please give us a call by dialling 150 from your EE handset.

Our technical care team will be able to complete a full diagnostics for you. 

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by

Thanks for confirming this @kalendorija

Have you ever been able to receive these texts?

I would recommend reporting this to our technical care team, who can complete a diagnostics. 

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by
Explorer

I can't receive any verification sms (linkedin, amazon, government app, etc)

Hi, I'm a pay monthly customer. I can't receive any verification sms sent by numerous companies such as LinkedIn, Amazon and even the government app when prompted to verify my phone number.

This is a very frustrating issue, I was filling an urgent government application and thankfully had another phone number from Three which received the sms just fine. Have also contacted support through live chat numerous times and they insist the issue is not on EE's end when it obviously is if other sim providers receive the sms without problems...

Can anyone look into this? Thanks

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can't receive any verification sms (linkedin, amazon, government app, etc)

Hi @dilentulcidas 

Have you just ported over to the network?

What device do you have?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by
Explorer

Re: I can't receive any verification sms (linkedin, amazon, government app, etc)

Hi @Northerner 

Yes I had ported my number from lycamobile into this ee sim about a month ago or so. 
The device is Honor View 20.

Cheers

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

There are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the sender, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by

Hi @dilentulcidas

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus who can check your account and make sure everything is set up as it should be.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Highlighted
by

Since upgrading my handset I've not been receiving new login texts

Hi all

Since upgrading to a new Samsung handset (my previous one also a Samsung), I've not been able to receive texts for reset logins (for various websites where I've forgotten my password etc).  My number remained the same, & I receive all other texts & calls just fine.  

Any clues as to how I can sort this??

TIA

Highlighted
by

Re: Since upgrading my handset I've not been receiving new login texts

Good Morning @SEMB

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Have you contacted the 3rd party to ensure the texts are being sent?

Messages can be filtered if they look to be suspicious and include things such as verification codes via SMS. 

Does your device have constant signal strength?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

I've been on the phone with EE gurus several times over the past few days and always get told the same thing, EE are doing everything right, the problem must be with the sender. My list of senders include NatWest, TransferWise, Barclays, and Google - according to the EE gurus all of these companies are at fault. Then I look on the EE forum and find loads of people have been having exactly the same problem for years. EE should be ashamed of themselves wasting their customers time like this. I have a few days left of my cooling off period - I would have had more but EE took a week to port my number from O2 - and will be moving to anyone other than EE if they can't get this resolved.

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Heya Andreward, Same issue I was having (possibility still am). I found it easier to get the banks to sort it and give me the codes etc while on the call.

As for EE I was told a similar thing. the issues is not at the EE side, but with the banks. I got my case escalated and made the point that when I was with 02 I never had this issue, also how can it be an issue with the banks? Have you seen how many posts they are about people having this issue!

Only advice I can give you is contact the banks and get them to give you the codes where you can and insist that your case be escalated. 

Hope we you get sorted 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Bigazza, thanks for the message.
I have been on the phone to EE again since my first post and this time I was able to tell them I knew I wasn’t the only customer with this problem. They tried a few things and resolved the problem with Barclays then in a moment of refreshing honesty they admitted that they would not be able solve the problem for NatWest Bank. This is my main bank and the one I use for work so I’m going to swap to a different network - maybe Vodafone or back to O2.
Nice one EE!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions