by Lucasveiga
Visitor

Re: not receiving barclays verification code

I had the same problem and called EE CS, quickly explained the situation (I've also mentioned that I had seen several other cases like mine in the community) and the agent seemed to be keen about the issue.

I asked to have any sort of marketing messages block removed, which was promptly done by the agent. After that I was asked to get my mobile restarted.

A minute after restarting my phone, all the texts that were queued up started coming through.

I don't know why some people here are saying that it's taking them forever to get this sorted. It took me literally less than 5 minutes...

I felt like if you proactively suggest what the problem might be the agent will know better how to act - so you won't be thrown around between call centers.

The issue is not with Barclays! Waste of time calling them!

Good luck!

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know @Lucasveiga

Glad this is all sorted for you 🙂

Leanne.

by Kandi
Visitor

Tinder sms verification

I'm trying to log into tinder again after getting my new phone, but the sms verification message isn't coming through with the code I need to access the app.

I called EE and they said that nothing is being blocked, but I've tried and it's still not working. I contacted Tinder and they can't see a problem their end.

by

Re: Tinder sms verification

Hi @Kandi,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I've sent you a private message to get some details so we can help.

Thanks

James

by Thetapi
Explorer

Re: Why are EE blocking sms codes from banks

Same experience here. It is driving me insane!!!

by Thetapi
Explorer

Ridiculous - this is a scandal!

by

Good Morning @Thetapi

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie

by cjf1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi - im having very similar issues since porting from O2. Can't get verification text messages from banks etc. I'm not sure if it went wrong after porting, or the more recent swap from physical to esim i've done on my iphone. 😞

by Bigazza Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I contacted EE and I must say, despite all the posts about this issue I did not find them helpful. They wanted to know the exact time (to the minute) Barclays sent the code so they could see why it was blocked. I was only able to say it was between 9 and 9:30. EE then said that was not good enough and to contact them next time I don’t receive alerts and note the exact time!!! I escalated this and have been told they have made some adjustments to the carrier settings, so going forward I “should” receive bank alerts. However, I called Barclays and they had given me all the codes over the phone and sorted my access. So because I don’t currently need to receive any alerts/codes I don’t know if, what EE done has actually worked. Personally I found it easier to contact the bank directly and have them sort it out. Hope you get sorted as it can be frustrating.

by Tobias_Charles

I’m having this issue with my Barclays and Monzo accounts.

not receiving any verification codes.

any help? 

by

Good Morning, 

If you are experiencing issues receiving verification codes I would recommend notifying our technical care team by giving us a call

The team can run a full diagnostic and escalate this if need be. 

Please be sure to keep us updated on your progress, 

Katie 🙂

by Bigazza Contributor
Contributor

Hi Katie,

i already did did this. I had a manager call me back on 3 occasions and escalate my case to the tech team on each instance. Like I said still don’t know if this has been resolved as I was told by EE they need the exact time the message was blocked in order to determine, why. Only time will tell should I need to receive notifications in the future. 

by cjf1 Contributor
Contributor

Hi, quick update on my issue, for the benefit of anyone else that has this problem.

Still not receiving OTP texts from my bank (HSBC). I spoke to 150 yesterday who did various account updates, but again today the OTP texts never arrived. Bank checked their end, all setup correctly. I expected it would be, it worked fine on O2. The only way I could finalise my transactions was a 10 min deactivation of OTP protection today. Had an online chat with an EE agent, some further adjustments to my account. Giving it 24 hours before testing. No complaints about online chat or 150, both have been friendly, helpful & engaging.

From today I know the following; 

"if this doesn't work, this will need further investigation from level 2 technician, as this is common issue with number ported in"  

I'm completely relaxed with the fact that technology can go wrong. What i'm less impressed with is that i'm doing all the chasing for a known issue. If todays efforts don't fix it, I need to call back on 150 and haggle to get it escalated to 'level 2'.  It's also unnerving that the bank have to deactivate account protection to allow transactions to complete. Defeats the object a little..Thanks

by Bigazza Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the update. Please keep us informed as to any progress/issues you encounter.

If EE know this is an issue that’s effecting so many people, surly you would of thought they would of addressed this by now, instead of us (the customer) having to do the majority of the leg work!

by cjf1 Contributor
Contributor

Quick one for closure on this from me ( i hope).  I've been too busy to follow up with either EE or my bank any further since the weekend.

At around midday today 20+ sms arrived from my bank/s and others. 

This confirms it wasn't an issue specific to 1 organisation, at their end, which was suggested during my first contact with EE. It impacted several financial institutions that I have accounts with, along with a couple of online retailers.

In terms of resolution, I only know that during my 1st contact with EE they updated account settings for various premium rate services and did a 'refresh'. During the 2nd contact via online chat 'marketing' preferences were updated & another refresh. Having pre-read the forums, this is what I asked for during my first contact.

From my online chat: "I set the marketing preferences to allowed to enable you to receive text from third party services like bank"

I'm pleased its resolved and again can't fault the people I contacted at EE, the attitude was absolutely spot on. I do think its one of those things that needs wider awareness within the support organisation. Having said that, these are minor teething troubles and fairly quick turnaround compared to 4 months without voicemail after a port to Vodafone @ work. 

by

Thanks for the update @cjf1 

Glad you got it sorted.

James

by RoxyDee10
Visitor

Not Receiving text verifications from Barclays

I’ve just switched from O2 to EE & Barclays have sent me a verification code to get on the app on my new phone but the text isn’t coming through - any ideas please? 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Not Receiving text verifications from Barclays

@RoxyDee10 : There are regular reports of this, mainly coming from O2 - not receiving barclays verification code . As far as I can tell it something to with an incomplete port of info from O2 to EE & nowt to do with the bank, who can however sometimes sidestep this issue by giving you the verification code verbally.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Re: Not Receiving text verifications from Barclays

Hi @RoxyDee10.

Thanks for coming to the community.

I'd recommend reporting this to our Tech Gurus, who will be able to investigate further and raise a fault ticket if necessary. 

If you need the code immediately then @XRaySpeX's advice of asking for a verbal code is a great idea!

Jon

by richw08 Investigator
Investigator

Whatsapp verification code not being delivered

Hi,

I've just joined EE and ported my number from O2. On setting up my new phone I'm unable to receive a verification code from Whatsapp to allow me to import my chat history.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions